SU gave Clemson the toughest game all year | Syracusefan.com

SU gave Clemson the toughest game all year

That wont be lost on Dabo on his trip back to the dome. It’ll be a top 10 college football game of the year imo. Definite gameday potential

if we draw Clemson fairly early (first 6-7 weeks) and both teams are undefeated, there is almost no way gameday can't come. esp if TD lights it up early.

I still think we caught Clemson at the right time the last two years: they didn't think we could compete with them after losing 0-54 in 2016 and to Middle Tennessee in 2017. They were changing QB's this year. We can't be an elite team yet one season after going 15-33 the previous four years can we?

Yet with Robinson and Coleman backed by Cullen and Richards coming in from the edge and a backfield of Williams-Cisco-Coley-Melifonwu, (OK, Clarke and Fredrick) before 50,000 in a Dome, anything is possible. Somebody's gotta beat these guys.

I still think we caught Clemson at the right time the last two years: they didn't think we could compete with them after losing 0-54 in 2016 and to Middle Tennessee in 2017. They were changing QB's this year. We can't be an elite team yet one season after going 15-33 the previous four years can we?

Yet with Robinson and Coleman backed by Cullen and Richards coming in from the edge and a backfield of Williams-Cisco-Coley-Melifonwu, (OK, Clarke and Fredrick) before 50,000 in a Dome, anything is possible. Somebody's gotta beat these guys.
This is the real test of where our program is. We shouldn't need to be the "surprise"team anymore, just the good team we have become. No more "Hey they didn't know. No one told them" Now it is "we tried to tell you the past 2 seasons. Did you not listen to us?" We told you. You knew, and we still beat you. Because you are in OUR HOUSE!!!

Time to reset our Imagery beyond belief without evidence , now we have faith with Dino’s evidence! And Dabo himself says anyone can do it! Imagine your self in a packed sold out dome Cuse playing the defending national champion both teams Undefeated! The sound defening and defining!! Men, Women, Children yelling even infants screaming in support, as our team faces a game of unusually low odds for the only team to play them close or win in two years. A predictably large doubting game day Audience veiwing america’s new favorite college team From South Carolina , take on the severe blue colar under dog hopefuls from the North, yet again. That team knowing full well the team from the north is a capable opponent, even if america still doubts them!!! The proven vs the Hopeful ; yet there is a local confidence because there is faith in what we have seen , a local belief that we can prevail beyond the proven established 5 star super star quaterback and his super star champion teammate’s swagger!! Because we have seen coach Dino coach, and the leaders lead, and the blue colar athletes far over achieve others initial perceptions through out their college carreers thus far!! We have seen what support, chemistry, character, and coaching can achieve while others continue to under estimate and doubt, to the point that it over comes talent and all the other assumptive traits of champions!! We have seen the power of positive attitude and undying compassion and comitment!! And once again again we see will see the underdog prevail and become the champion!!!

Again we can do this. What screwed Alabama was Clemson’s defense being disgustingly aggressive all game long even when they got beat a few times. Venerables is a awesome coach and extremely high energy. I know I say it a lot but we can become these guys without a doubt in my mind.

Hmmm... I seem to recall that Clemson had a bit of an issue with A&M as well this season. ;)

For some reason Clemson’s coaches and players appear to be overly challenged by Dino, the system and our players. Hopefully that won’t change.

I watched the game last night and kept saying "how did we have these guys beat". No Lawrence clearly helped but man they have athletes.

We scored more points on & at Clemson this year than the greatest team that never was did last night. Without going into who the Clemson QB was in our last game with them I think we stand out on the merits of our offense.

You gotta love college football fans.

After watching a conference foe take Alabama apart last night, some might think, "Oh-oh! We have to play these guys next year".

But the optimists among us see opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom