SU getting only 1.5 points | Syracusefan.com

SU getting only 1.5 points

CiceroSwamp

Walk On
Time to focus on games we can compete in. SU opens as a mere 1.5 dog against PITT. I cant see it but if we are going to win a 6th game Pitt is easier than BC

Time to focus on games we can compete in. SU opens as a mere 1.5 dog against PITT. I cant see it but if we are going to win a 6th game Pitt is easier than BC
You can't see what? It's a coin flip game. Should actually be a pickem.

If we only beat New Mexico State by 10 people here would be screaming to fire Shafer, but BC somehow gets a pass and is a harder game than Pitt, which has actually beaten a couple decent teams this year in Duke and Notre Dame. And we actually looked better against NC State than they did and we were on the road. They have one guy that they ride. He's a great running back, but I like our chances at home.

lets see how BC does this week.. they have scored 7 , 14, 10 on the road other than the n mex st game.

Beat Pitt. We can deal with Captain Caveman's team later. I despise BC much more but would like to take care of business this week. We just got throttled on national television so the boys should come out looking to redeem themselves. After this weekend its pretty clear Florida State is in one tier, Clemson in another, and everyone else is in a third tier in the ACC. Although for FSU the only team that is in their tier is Bama and maybe OSU.

with this line would we really be 10 pt dogs if the game was at Pitt?

I don't know, I keep thinking that our D can play with these guys and they do give up points. The fewest point they have given up was 3 versus Virginia. Next fewest was 19 vs Va Tech. NM got 27, Duke 55, Old Dominion 24, Navy 24, GT 21, ND 21, NC 34.

National Rank
Total Offense Pitt: 105th SU 98th
Total Defense: Pitt 36th SU 50th

ACC Rank
Scoring Offense Pitt 7th SY 12th
Scoring Defense Pitt 11th SU 10th (we actually are ahead of them in this category even after three disasters)

They are far better at pass defense than we are and we are 5th in run defense vs their 9th.

I like our chances in the Dome.

Stats mean nothing....Our D is great against mediocre programs and bad and against highly athletic teams.

I don't know, I keep thinking that our D can play with these guys and they do give up points. The fewest point they have given up was 3 versus Virginia. Next fewest was 19 vs Va Tech. NM got 27, Duke 55, Old Dominion 24, Navy 24, GT 21, ND 21, NC 34.

National Rank
Total Offense Pitt: 105th SU 98th
Total Defense: Pitt 36th SU 50th

ACC Rank
Scoring Offense Pitt 7th SY 12th
Scoring Defense Pitt 11th SU 10th (we actually are ahead of them in this category even after three disasters)

They are far better at pass defense than we are and we are 5th in run defense vs their 9th.

I like our chances in the Dome.

I do too and pitt had some injuries yesterday as well .

I see something like 20-17 cuse

"only getting 1.5" "a mere 1.5 dog". this is Pitt we are talking about, not FSU. I honestly thought we would be a small favorite. You make it sound like this game is a lost cause. We own Savage, who hopefully makes it back in time. There is absolutely no reason we don't win the next 2 games

Su + 1.5 is an absolute gift at home. I watched the Pitt game very closely this weekend. They'll be comming into the dome a very banged up and demoralized team. Su should punish Pitt with their running game and attacking defense. The blitzes that Pitt saw Saturday,are nothing like what's comming in the dome this Saturday. Syracuse has to simply play sound defense and not turn the ball over to win.

"only getting 1.5" "a mere 1.5 dog". this is Pitt we are talking about, not FSU. I honestly thought we would be a small favorite. You make it sound like this game is a lost cause. We own Savage, who hopefully makes it back in time. There is absolutely no reason we don't win the next 2 games
After I re-read OP a couple times it hit me he's being sarcastic

no it would be pitt -4.5 if in pittsburgh
if Su is getting 3-4 pts for being at home then wouldnt we be 4-5 pt dogs at a neutral site? and then pitt be favored by more at home?

SU should only be getting points if there are a bunch of guys out this week.

Woah. This is typically a bad sign (aka jinx) but got to take Syracuse and the points.

if Su is getting 3-4 pts for being at home then wouldnt we be 4-5 pt dogs at a neutral site? and then pitt be favored by more at home?

I have only seen the home team usually getting 3 but maybe that's just nfl

I have only seen the home team usually getting 3 but maybe that's just nfl
Current homefield in college is 3.97 points

Spread has moved down to +1

Even with all our guys out, late money has been slightly orange. Many books have flipped to SU -1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom