SU item for charity - suggestions, please | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU item for charity - suggestions, please

Answer #2
"This is a reproduction of the poster that inspired John Lennon to write the song Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!"
http://www.themethodcase.com/being-for-the-benefit-of-mr-kite-letterpress-print/

I don't always cheat, but when I do, I use the internet. ;)
Correct again, well done! I had read that John pulled the lyrics off the poster almost directly but hadn't actually seen the poster until today. Pretty cool to write a good pop song using phrases talke almost exclusively from a circus poster dating back to 1843.

Correct, well played!
En fuego today. You should see the fires I'm putting out at work. :)
Still, I feel a "cool off" Wednesday coming on. See, the problem at work is that you can't be efficient enough. If I gave them (my current employer) the world (working on it), they would ask me "Where's my galaxy already"?

And my wife says I'm not a multi-tasker. Ha.

Correct again, well done! I had read that John pulled the lyrics off the poster almost directly but hadn't actually seen the poster until today. Pretty cool to write a good pop song using phrases talke almost exclusively from a circus poster dating back to 1843.
To this day, it boggles me how this guy wrote melodies, lyrics based on some small inspiration or even a dream. I play bass, a little guitar and piano and can pick up tunes pretty fast and have some ability to create melodies. But Lennon's creativity, imagination was on a different level to most musicians.

En fuego today. You should see the fires I'm putting out at work. :)
Still, I feel a "cool off" Wednesday coming on. See, the problem here at this place, is that you can't be efficient enough.
If I gave them (my current employer) the world (working on it), they would ask me "Where's my galaxy already"?

And my wife says I'm not a multi-tasker. Ha.

Under-promise and over-deliver. Secret to life.

I have a friend who is doing a fundraiser in Sept. for the American Heart Association. They are having an auction and she needs to acquire something from the basketball program that people would bid for. She asked me for advice about specific players she should request to sign whatever item she chooses. In terms of the item, a basketball, Final Four t-shirt, or poster comes to mind. Anyone have any ideas about which item might be more valuable? How about names? I suggested the two seniors and C.J., but hell, a basketball signed by Jim Boeheim might raise more money.

I told her I would ask the board for thoughts, because I know darn well you have them. Thanks!

Any signed prints from Carmelo, GMac, or Hak (or all 3!) would likely draw interest for anyone's cuse room decor.

If you can get a signed print of Hak dunking on Royal Ivey let this board know, it may sell for millions.

That's The Beatles for you, always going the extra yard to expose you to people and things you were not aware of. Well done.

Also, wanted to apologize to beadle for completely hijacking her thread, but a number of people had already provided solid advice to her, so I thought it would be okay to take the thread in an unexpected direction.
Beadle is okay with this. Beadle likes the Beatles very much!

Beadle is okay with this. Beadle likes the Beatles very much!
Ah, so you are clearly that fifth Beadle they always talked about.
Mystery is over. Now where the heck is Jimmy Hoffa?
:)

Your best bet as far as value would be a Jim Boeheim signed basketball. For somebody that does autograph collecting, another thing that would be popular are programs (yearbook would be even better for team stuff), poster of the team (which would go well because of the Final Four run) and wooden floor boards for individual players.