SU just announced free tickets... | Syracusefan.com

SU just announced free tickets...

Finally. I heard rumors last season they were going to do it for all future football games. I don't understand why this was such a tough decision since the university will more than make it for it in concession sales alone.

Now offer free tickets to any soldier from Fort Drum. We need more people in the Dome so give the friggin tickets away if you have too!!!!

Let's see how many hung-over kids show up for a nooner. Prove me wrong! :mad:

I'm definitely all for this. Love that they're doing all they can to get the students there. Hopefully a free ticket is a good enough incentive to get more students to the early start than before.

The one question I have is are they going to do anything for the students who have season tickets for both football and basketball? Other than that great idea.

Well if everyone drives down a student housing neib street or by a dorm and honks their horns on their way to the dome to tailgate I have a feeling a certain group will wake up for the game.

This should be a nooner tradition.

Well if everyone drives down a student housing neib street or by a dorm and honks their horns on their way to the dome to tailgate I have a feeling a certain group will wake up for the game.

This should be a nooner tradition.
Ooh I like this. Could get you killed, but I like it.

Finally. I heard rumors last season they were going to do it for all future football games. I don't understand why this was such a tough decision since the university will more than make it for it in concession sales alone.

Now offer free tickets to any soldier from Fort Drum. We need more people in the Dome so give the friggin tickets away if you have too!!!!
How bout we enlist about 30 Ft Drum Drill Instructors to wake up the students around 1100?

Frustrating as hell as a season ticket holder for bball and football to see this happen while I was there. Either give every student free tickets to every game, or don't do it at all. Why should casual fans get in for free? It's a joke.

Hopefully I understood it correctly--ALL people who paid for a ticket, season tic or individual, get a free ticket down the road? It wasn't always like that.

Whatever happened to wake and bake? Or puke and rally? Come your in college suck it up. The best thing for a hangover is to get right back on that horse

Boot and rally applies to the same night. The next morning is a brand new ball game.

Wake and bake still very applicable. Even better when combined with a few keystone lights. Or fifteen.

a pretzel and a beer and BAM you make your money back... with the 7.25 shocktop now the Dome is killing it in concession 25k or not

The free ticket thing is useless. Most of those kids are full season ticket holders and have no use for an extra ticket. It happened to me a few times when I was there and I ended up throwing the ticket away. Such a poor "reward" from the AD.

a pretzel and a beer and BAM you make your money back... with the 7.25 shocktop now the Dome is killing it in concession 25k or not
kids rarely get food and drink in the dome. Beer for those that are 21 but you can just sneak in nips so whats the point. You're overestimating the student contribution. I rarely bought food at the Dome, i could just get it before or after for far less money

The free ticket thing is useless. Most of those kids are full season ticket holders and have no use for an extra ticket. It happened to me a few times when I was there and I ended up throwing the ticket away. Such a poor "reward" from the AD.
I think the idea is to attract additional students and not the ones already attending. Not all marketing ideas work, but you have to try. This one is a pretty cheap option for the school to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom