SU just announced free tickets... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU just announced free tickets...

I think the idea is to attract additional students and not the ones already attending. Not all marketing ideas work, but you have to try. This one is a pretty cheap option for the school to try.
this is the same things bees is getting at with the preferred tickets post. If you give the kids free tickets every week, why should they buy season tickets? They'll get in to most games free, right?

Personally, I think the students should always get in for free and have X amount of seats available. It's not my money but they are the ones near the tunnel and who the players see/hear and turn too. The Dome needs their presence felt.

How about a free ticket to any student who stays till the end of the game and sings the alma mater afterwards with the team?
Personally, I think the students should always get in for free and have X amount of seats available. It's not my money but they are the ones near the tunnel and who the players see/hear and turn too. The Dome needs their presence felt.
I agree but the kids have to stay. At halftime the kids flood out of the dome. I heard a few kids saying they were getting something to eat. Does SU cafeterias have set hours so that if they don't get there in time - they are out of luck?

Winning cures all.

Build from the youth market up.

Incorporate promotions, but be careful not to completely undermine your loyal season ticket holders.

Expand your geographic reach.

Schedule smart.

Find was to get tickets into the hands of military service men and women.

At the Wagner game, I saw a guy who brought 9 kids with him. I don't know how he did it. Forget ticket cost -- I'm sure he found some cheap tickets -- just feeding 9 kids at the Dome, popcorn, nachos, candy, soda... It had to have cost him a fortune. Nevertheless, the kids seemed to have a good time, sometimes watching the game, dancing trying to get on the big screen, goofing around. There's your future. When the dome is half empty, we have to take every opportunity to get kids in there. Kids grow up and become fans and ticket buyers. That's the long road. But the best payoff.

So Tulane game this week. Bring a kid. If you don't have a kid, bring a neighbor's kid. If they don't have kids, grab a kid off of the street on the way up to the Dome.

what do students pay for tickets? if they dont eat drink hey dont lose money if they do they make money. i see lots of kids in the concession area so they cant all be not eating/drinking. how many tickets are they really losing out on 6 games say 1k so make it 10K tickets at $20 for a season of lost revenue. thats a blip on the revenue stream. if they get just 200 more kids a game to show up thats much more important.

but they should add a caveat the tickets are only free if you show 15 min before the game starts..

Winning cures all.

Build from the youth market up.

Incorporate promotions, but be careful not to completely undermine your loyal season ticket holders.

Expand your geographic reach.

Schedule smart.

Find was to get tickets into the hands of military service men and women.

At the Wagner game, I saw a guy who brought 9 kids with him. I don't know how he did it. Forget ticket cost -- I'm sure he found some cheap tickets -- just feeding 9 kids at the Dome, popcorn, nachos, candy, soda... It had to have cost him a fortune. Nevertheless, the kids seemed to have a good time, sometimes watching the game, dancing trying to get on the big screen, goofing around. There's your future. When the dome is half empty, we have to take every opportunity to get kids in there. Kids grow up and become fans and ticket buyers. That's the long road. But the best payoff.

So Tulane game this week. Bring a kid. If you don't have a kid, bring a neighbor's kid. If they don't have kids, grab a kid off of the street on the way up to the Dome.

you have to remember there are rules on free tickets because of recruiting .

you have to remember there are rules on free tickets because of recruiting .

And the NCAA rears its ugly head once again. I understand it's mostly because schools take advantage those free tickets but it drives me nuts that so many rules have to be made because of cheaters or idiots that effect people that are trying to do something good.

i see lots of kids in the concession area so they cant all be not eating/drinking. .

Of course they are. The idea that the students don't spend at the dome on concessions was a sweeping generalization.

Of course they are. The idea that the students don't spend at the dome on concessions was a sweeping generalization.
The socioeconomic status of many of these kids' parents allows them a discretionary income that most middle class adults would envy. This is not everyone, it's probably 25% of the kids who fall into that category - but these kids have money to spend and it's not all used on beer and blow. I remember one girlfriend of mine got an allowance of $2000/month and she felt like she didn't have enough to get the clothes and stuff that some of her NY metro area friends had. I on the other hand was running up the bill on my supercard and scrounging from my many rich friends :). Point being the kids have money to spend. Now they might not be the ones who are enticed by free tickets. But the kids who are tend to be higher energy, leader types in the dorm (thinking irish kids from Mass) who will get everyone motivated to go including the kids who already have tickets but don't use them. Now that I've used up my daily allotment of stereotypes and implied generalizations, I'll stop. But I love this idea and really hope it works. I think they should extend it to grad students and phd students and maybe even faculty as well for the low rent games like tulane and wagner.

Whatever happened to wake and bake? Or puke and rally? Come your in college suck it up. The best thing for a hangover is to get right back on that horse

Wake and bake? We want these kids loud, not stuffing down Dome dogs while talking about Star Trek fan fiction. To this end, my solution...cocaine!

Boot and rally applies to the same night. The next morning is a brand new ball game.

Wake and bake still very applicable. Even better when combined with a few keystone lights. Or fifteen.
For some, it may still be the same night.

Wake and bake? We want these kids loud, not stuffing down Dome dogs while talking about Star Trek fan fiction. To this end, my solution...cocaine!
For some reason I have the feeling if we were running a promotion that handed out free eight balls upon entrance our attendance would increase by 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

For some reason I have the feeling if we were running a promotion that handed out free eight balls upon entrance our attendance would increase by 100%

Clemson already has us beat with their mascot, 8-ball the Tiger.

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday...l-the-tiger-meets-a-child-and-sings-a-lullaby

Mary_Claire_a_Clemson3_medium.jpg

Well, it wouldn't be free but it always made sense to me to roll access to games into the student fees. $80 or whatever it is added to XXK amounts to about nothing...plus then you'd have the non-attendees subsidizing those who attend. maybe make the overlap discretionary spending for the AD!

That extra 30 mind will get sucked up standing in security lines thanks to our local Cuse punks

what do students pay for tickets? if they dont eat drink hey dont lose money if they do they make money. i see lots of kids in the concession area so they cant all be not eating/drinking. how many tickets are they really losing out on 6 games say 1k so make it 10K tickets at $20 for a season of lost revenue. thats a blip on the revenue stream. if they get just 200 more kids a game to show up thats much more important.

but they should add a caveat the tickets are only free if you show 15 min before the game starts..

$100 for football, $235 for football/basketball iirc

the students are making out bigtime on how cheap their bball tix are. WOW

the students are making out bigtime on how cheap their bball tix are. WOW

They are, but then again, most schools have all sports free. I never minded paying, because it isn't THAT much money for how many total games we're getting and since football/basketball games were among my favorite things at school, but at most schools it's just part of the student fee. I know SU was investigating moving to that model a few years back when I was there, no idea where that has gone.

most state schools do..i dont know of many private schools that give out free tickets but i could be wrong

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom