SU-MD, 3 Keys | Syracusefan.com

SU-MD, 3 Keys

outoftownie

2nd String
1. Faceoffs. Charlie Raffa is way better than the guys Daddio has been up against so far. Need to keep the solid start going and keep it around 50/50. Will need a lot of help from the wings.
2. Goalie battle. Niko Amato has been top notch for MD for what seems like 6 years. SU will need another great game out of their two headed monster in the cage.
3. SU attack vs MD defense. These are the strengths of each team. Who will enforce their will? Rice, Donahue, Staats or Murray, Ikeda, Erhardt.
X. How will SU incorporate Glasso and how much run will he get?

SU 11 MD 9

1. Faceoffs. Charlie Raffa is way better than the guys Daddio has been up against so far. Need to keep the solid start going and keep it around 50/50. Will need a lot of help from the wings.
2. Goalie battle. Niko Amato has been top notch for MD for what seems like 6 years. SU will need another great game out of their two headed monster in the cage.
3. SU attack vs MD defense. These are the strengths of each team. Who will enforce their will? Rice, Donahue, Staats or Murray, Ikeda, Erhardt.
X. How will SU incorporate Glasso and how much run will he get?

SU 11 MD 9

Agree with each point, was going to post a preview on the game but just haven't had the time.

Maryland lost a ton on offense from last year, will be interesting to see how guys like Rambo, Cannizzaro and even the returning guys against there first tough D of the year after playing two bottom feeders to start the year. I am assuming Mullins on Rambo, Young on Chanenchuck and then Tait on Carlson or Cannizzaro.

As you noted Daddio will be key, cant let Raffa dominate. With Maryland likely to go stall ball (at least as much as they can within the new rules) offense will need to be efficient, need to limit bad shots and capitalize on easy scoring situations ie Man up, transition etc.

Hate that we have another top 6 team right after playing Albany but the schedule is what it is at this point. This would be a a big win on a variety of levels, hope we play our game.

Zack80 can probably lend more light on this, but I am fairly certain chanenchuk and Cannizzaro are on first line midfield with LoCasio. Don't dee them going right to double poles up top too quick.

Halftime update...
1. We are getting murdered on faceoffs. 2 goals off break for Raffa plus 2 goals on man up off faceoff violations.
2. Our goalies have been sieves so far. 10 goals against and one save in the second quarter.
3. Our attack barely touched the ball, when they did they had advantage.
X. Glasso has added a nice edge to EMO

Halftime update...
1. We are getting murdered on faceoffs. 2 goals off break for Raffa plus 2 goals on man up off faceoff violations.
2. Our goalies have been sieves so far. 10 goals against and one save in the second quarter.
3. Our attack barely touched the ball, when they did they had advantage.
X. Glasso has added a nice edge to EMO

Why is Desko continuing to run Daddio out there? Insanity

I think we can start looking ahead to next year. I just don't see this as a correctable issue.

cuseguy said:
I think we can start looking ahead to next year. I just don't see this as a correctable issue.

Relax, it's the third game. Jeezum

We have issues sure but it's a long season.

mountaincuse said:
Relax, it's the third game. Jeezum We have issues sure but it's a long season.

Sorry. They needed to find a quality FO guy. That wasn't done. The teams with good FO guys are going to murder us.

Relax, it's the third game. Jeezum

We have issues sure but it's a long season.

Unfortunately Faceoffs are issues that dont usually get solved especially when your going on your 6th year of having it be an issue. This is an unmitigated disaster.

Uneducated lax folks probably think you can work on the X like you can on your jump shot. Not having a good FO guy is akin to having a 6 foot center in basketball.

Uneducated lax folks probably think you can work on the X like you can on your jump shot. Not having a good FO guy is akin to having a 6 foot center in basketball.

Good analogy and pretty much spot on.

Offense seems to have given up to, every possession ends with a 15 yard shot that Amato saves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom