SU opens +3 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU opens +3

It's ridiculous. The NCAA only cares about the student-athlete, right? Or do they care about TV and Disney/ ABC?

to be fair as of yesterday when nd probably flew in wasnt supposed to be as far inland as it is and since there already there you play the game

to be fair as of yesterday when nd probably flew in wasnt supposed to be as far inland as it is and since there already there you play the game

Great point but...you know, the NCAA anyway. ;)

Yes, these are not good conditions for us. Wind could wreak havoc and ED has been very innacurate the past few weeks. Also, our banged up line is not built to be road graters. Jordan Fredericks seems like our best back for these conditions-- he's bigger and stronger. I know Dino said JF may get some more time. I hope so.

I'm also concerned with our already dicey kicking game.

One other issue: our screen game. You'd think we'd use those short passes a lot but Wake will expect that, so we have to make sure those passes don't get jumped.
What are you talking about? If you're serious than you haven't a clue.

What are you talking about? If you're serious than you haven't a clue.

Let's see: Babers himself said on the Matt Park radio show that rain doesn't have a big impact on our offense, but wind definitely does. "Rain doesn't change our offense unless the ball is slippery. But we can go under center. We don't need to be in shotgun. Wind affects us more than moisture."

And while Dungey's completion % has been good, many throws have been innacurate and easy throw and catches have become difficult ones or incompletes. Anyone could see that. People were speculating last week that his hand was still bothering him, as they watched ED struggle to hit open receivers.

Your post is rude and wrong, but I'll be the bigger person here and not comment further. I'll let my posting record speak for me. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Let's see: Babers himself said on the Matt Park radio show that rain doesn't have a big impact on our offense, but wind definitely does. "Rain doesn't change our offense unless the ball is slippery. But we can go under center. We don't need to be in shotgun. Wind affects us more than moisture."

And while Dungey's completion % has been good, many throws have been innacurate and easy throw and catches have become difficult ones or incompletes. Anyone could see that. People were speculating last week that his hand was still bothering him, as they watched ED struggle to hit open receivers.

Your post is rude and wrong, but I'll be the bigger person here and not comment further. I'll let my posting record speak for me. Enjoy the game.

What Babers said has absolutely zero to do with Dungey's accuracy, which has been excellent all season. What are you basing his "innacuracy" on other than his completion percentage?

What Babers said has absolutely zero to do with Dungey's accuracy, which has been excellent all season. What are you basing his "innacuracy" on other than his completion percentage?

I didn't say Dungey's innacuracy has been weather-related or that Babers was saying that, but the conditions today, especially the wind, could affect him today.

He's not been that sharp in the past two games. A lot of his throws have sailed or been at receivers' feet. Read what I wrote. His % has been fine. Like I said, a lot of people were wondering if his hand was bothering him.

Last edited:
I didn't say Dungey's innacuraacy has been weather-related but the conditions today, especially the wind, could affect him today.

He's not been that sharp in the past two games. A lot of his throws have sailed or been at receivers' feet. Read what I wrote. His % has been fine. Like I said, a lot of people were wondering if his hand was bothering him.

You said "Wind could wreak havoc and ED has been very innacurate the past few weeks."

His completion percentage against ND was 61% and it was 65% against UCONN. Are you saying those are bad?

He was 66% against USF in the Dome.
He was 49% against Louisville in the Dome.
He was 85% against Colgate.

Seems to me he has problems with great defenses like Louisville and has been very accurate in the last 2 games which were both outdoors. He has also been consistently good as well as accurate. 29th in the country in completion percentage throwing a lot more passes than most QB's in the country, even with the clunker against Louisville.

Completion Percentage | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

You said "Wind could wreak havoc and ED has been very innacurate the past few weeks."

His completion percentage against ND was 61% and it was 65% against UCONN. Are you saying those are bad?

He was 66% against USF in the Dome.
He was 49% against Louisville in the Dome.
He was 85% against Colgate.

Seems to me he has problems with great defenses like Louisville and has been very accurate in the last 2 games which were both outdoors. He has also been consistently good as well as accurate. 29th in the country in completion percentage throwing a lot more passes than most QB's in the country, even with the clunker against Louisville.

Completion Percentage | FBS Football Statistics - NCAA.com

OMG. I wasn't taking about completion %. I said his completion % was good. You can still complete a pass and it not be thrown on the numbers. I'm done.

OMG. I wasn't taking about completion %. I said his completion % was good. You can still complete a pass and it not be thrown on the numbers. I'm done.

Saying his completion percentage is good but he was innacurate in and of itself makes no sense. He put the ball in a place where his receivers could go and get it, that is accuracy. Unless of course he was accurately targeting air.

Maybe I needed to be more specific...you're statement "...ED has been very inaccurate the past past few weeks" is not based in reality.

The first part of your post "Yes, these are not good conditions for us. Wind could wreak havoc..." I completely agree with. Hopefully we can summon-up a solid run game today.

It's OK to be wrong, it happens to everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom