SU opens as a "pickem" vs. A&M | Syracusefan.com

SU opens as a "pickem" vs. A&M

690West

Moneyline Master
Oops. Can someone change it to "pickem "?

Last possession game?

Anybody betting against Syracuse during Feast Week needs their head examined.

I'm too lazy to look it up but have we not won like 19 of our last 20 of these tournaments, last year being the exception?

StopCoolio said:
Anybody betting against Syracuse during Feast Week needs their head examined.

I'm too lazy to look it up but have we not won like 19 of our last 20 of these tournaments, last year being the exception?

I think we are something like 40-4 in November tournaments

690West said:
WHOA! Line is now A&M -8. What.

Eh?

My my... actually that's pretty good considering we are playing another "ranked" team. Maybe the books have decided we've blown our wad in the last 2 and have nothing left. That's OK... rater be the dog.

The lined opened at 6.5 and not pk
You may be right Tone, but it hovered at PK for quite awhile. The consensus from LVSC was definitely "pickem" even if no bets were placed at "pickem" You're probably right.

JB is Mr. November. who is Billy Kennedy?

I'd interpret that line to mean: Vegas has no idea what to do with us. We're better than people think, but they don't know how much better, or what to make of our game yesterday.

My one concern today is that we might not have a lot left in the tank. Two games in a row and now we're coming back in less than 24 hours after a very intense game yesterday where most of our key guys played a lot of minutes. I don't know much about TA&M but I hope the pace is not too crazy, that their bench isn't that deep and that JB goes to his bench a fair amount, particularly in the first half.

bpo57 said:
My one concern today is that we might not have a lot left in the tank. Two games in a row and now we're coming back in less than 24 hours after a very intense game yesterday where most of our key guys played a lot of minutes. I don't know much about TA&M but I hope the pace is not too crazy, that their bench isn't that deep and that JB goes to his bench a fair amount, particularly in the first half.

Very valid concern. This has letdown game written all over it.

After watching the Texas AM-Gonzaga game they can't have much in the tank either. That was a pretty intense game as well

might be a let down for them as well. they did beat a higher ranked team yesterday.

Our record in these tournaments are crazy. We've won:

Great Alaskan shootout
Maui (2x)
Puerto Rico
Preseason NIT (2x)

Maui x3

It's always easier for Syracuse in a back to back game. We play the 2-3 zone today, we play the 2-3 zone tomorrow. Our offence will pretty much be the same. Our opponent has to scramble in 24 hours to figure out how they will play the 2-3, with no real practice time.

I don't want to make it seem like our defence is impregnable. It clearly is not -- but when you have limited time to change your gameplan or practice it is much more of an obstacle.

Although I will say our 2-3 this year is more "standard". The length and athleticism we had before made it a little more flexible. Right now Lydon stays back quite often instead of pushing up, because I don't think he is confident enough in his recovery skills yet.

Yesterday, I took Syracuse -2.5 at +260. Today, Syracuse -1.5 at +245 is my play.

It's always easier for Syracuse in a back to back game. We play the 2-3 zone today, we play the 2-3 zone tomorrow. Our offence will pretty much be the same. Our opponent has to scramble in 24 hours to figure out how they will play the 2-3, with no real practice time.

I don't want to make it seem like our defence is impregnable. It clearly is not -- but when you have limited time to change your gameplan or practice it is much more of an obstacle.

Although I will say our 2-3 this year is more "standard". The length and athleticism we had before made it a little more flexible. Right now Lydon stays back quite often instead of pushing up, because I don't think he is confident enough in his recovery skills yet.

Yesterday, I took Syracuse -2.5 at +260. Today, Syracuse -1.5 at +245 is my play.

Line is now -6.

Our record in these tournaments are crazy. We've won:

Great Alaskan shootout
Maui (2x)
Puerto Rico
Preseason NIT (2x)

Falls in line with the mantra that we often perform well early on but stumble down the stretch

I'm thinking adrenaline is still very high. I see them finishing this. It's Wisconsin this Wednesday will be the real let down test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom