SU Suspends Residential Instruction Effective End of Day Friday, March 13; University to Transition to Online Learning | Syracusefan.com

SU Suspends Residential Instruction Effective End of Day Friday, March 13; University to Transition to Online Learning

Players are going to absolutely LOVE this.

Have to assume the suspension of all gatherings over 50 people does not include the football team.

I'm interested to see if they will be offering a refund for my daughter's room and board or am I going to have to fight them?
You'd think board. I'd presume room works like any ordinary lease.

In regards to football...

Players with early classes wont have to leave practice early. (Shower/travel) Others will have more time after practice to get work in, on their own. It's possible they could get treatment while "at class". If lectures are recorded? They could bash them out, all in a row. Time wise, this is good for players. Although, I suspect babers will make them report to the facility, to assure they "go to class".

I'm interested to see if they will be offering a refund for my daughter's room and board or am I going to have to fight them?
Facing the same situation with my son at UCSD

You'd think board. I'd presume room works like any ordinary lease.
The housing agreement has a Force Majeure clause that covers SU. I'm not sure yet about dining hall charges.

Facing the same situation with my son at UCSD

didn't know they were doing that at UCSD, my daughter is at SDSU and things are business as usual at the moment. beyond some mumps cases

Cornell just announced online for the rest of the semester. what happens with sports will be interesting

didn't know they were doing that at UCSD, my daughter is at SDSU and things are business as usual at the moment. beyond some mumps cases
I bet SDSU will go online within the next week...

I bet SDSU will go online within the next week...

a few hours after I posted, my daughter texted us, the kids will still be on campus but classes will go online after they return from spring break. I think she would have jumped out a window if they were sent home for the semester to finish up!

Cornell just announced online for the rest of the semester. what happens with sports will be interesting
Cornell going to system where each player and staff member can have 3 guests at sporting events.

Cincinnati cancelled their spring game.

Check this out:
Kent State

Screenshot_20200311-143410_Chrome.jpg

Ivy League has just cancelled all spring sports
This is crazy ! Time for the government to have a nationally televised explanation of facts about this virus to calm people down

The current "" facts" are known. You can freak out or not. The initial death rate is at 3.4%. That would take this years 30k flu deaths ( .1 % death rate) to 1 million. Or the 60 million in the US that had swine Flu (12k deaths) to 2 million deaths. With no prevention, of course.

Chances are the actual rates are much much lower., and obviously, limited to a certain group.

Here's some math.

Last edited:
Been in EMS for over 25 years. More concerned with the mass panic going on right now than I am with anything else.
Agreed. My understanding is people are already freaking out, calling hospitals. When it hits, they'll be taxed enough.

The current "" facts" are known. You can freak out or not. The initial death rate is at 3.4%. That would take this years 30k flu deaths ( .1 % death rate) to 1 million. Or the 60 million in the US that had swine Flu (12k deaths) to 2 million deaths. With no prevention, of course.

Chances are the actual rates are much much lower., and obviously, limited to a certain group.

Here's some math.
This is an excellent article. Thank you very much for sharing even though it raises my concerns about what we are doing/not doing. I am not in a high risk group but I interact with people who are. Yesterday I made the decision to make my last visits to my 78yo mother at her Alzheimer's care facility and my 77yo father-in-law at his Rehabilitation Hospital (she won't notice my absence but he certainly will). My 82yo father is still in his home and going strong but he gets no more hugs for the foreseeable future. Those are the positive things I'm doing to protect my loved ones; however, I am selfishly still taking my vacation to Florida, partially driven by the fact that my husband is a physician and he fully expects his hospital to soon issue a travel ban for all docs to keep them close at hand. I want him to have a week of rest and relaxation before his marathon begins.