SU v. MD - Yay-Nay | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SU v. MD - Yay-Nay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that is being put forth here is that the student athlete represents the University and should have a look that elicits respect. I think beards are ok, but keep then groomed. Maybe that would be a better description that the players should look "groomed". Just as they wear suits and ties when travelling.

The dome looked decent but was rather calm even early on before everything seemed to go bad.

I don't understand why these comments are being made about the video now, after the second home game of the season. It was the exact same video that was shown before the Villanova game. A few of the guys were wearing the SU camouflage hats, and I initially saw this as a sign of unity with the Ft. Drum folks. Is this the issue? Is it the crossing of the arms? Regardless, there are a lot bigger issues to worry about here.

rrlbees said:
Since when is the word thug a racist term? Since the media wants us to think it is. I've used the word plenty over the years. Probably more times describing a white kid(s) than black.

About 4-5 years ago it became a derogatory term used primarily by white politicians to describe African American kids who listen to hip hop. It's a widely held belief that the term is "coded" racial language in the political world.

Sorry If That Is Somehow Inappropriate.

How About Lacking In Class?

How About Unprofessional?

Marrone Insisted The Players Be Well Groomed And Present With Class.

Shafer Does Not.

Hopefully That Explains Better What I see.

a

I wondered if Crume was going to play in that hat.

The first bunch of "nays" all screamed over 50 white guy, OrangePA. It might be time to broaden your horizons - esp since you follow a sport with huge African American participation.

I don't love or get hip hop - but if you want students and players to be there - you play it.

I wondered if Crume was going to play in that hat.
Crume' s bucket hat probably isn't the issue. I believe it was Eskridge who had the backwards hat.

McDonald - Yeah - Called a very good game yesterday. Team didn't execute.

Hunt - Nay - was one of his worst passing games. At one stretch 2nd and 3rd Qtrs he was 4-15. Pick 6 ets etc

Ben Lewis - Yeah- caught three nice passes and was open all day.

PTG = Yeah - nice game 163 all purpose yards

AAM - Yeah - the tank rolls for 68 yards on 9 carries.

Estime - Yeah - made two catches for 45 yards. Was out of sync with Hunt on crossing routes but made a great catch on the sideline for 20.

West - Yeah - 3 catches for 74 yards including a 51 yard bomb

Cole Murphy - Yeah - 49 yard Field Goal

Cam Lynch - Yeah - 6 solo tackles and one sack

Darius Kelly Yeah - 6 solo tackles

Julian Whigham - Yeah - 4 solo tackles

Norton - Nay - troubles continue

Riley Dixon Yeah - another good game for our punter

Parris - Nay - was really rusty missed blocks and had false start

Flemming - Nay - no catches and missed blocks

Foy - Nay - missed blocks and penalties

Uniforms - Nay - What

You can argue that point. I am on the other side of the fence than you on the word thug and do believe its a racist term. But I do see your point,I just disagree with it. My bigger problem with what he said is our team is "lacking in class." That's worse than the Thug line honestly. These all seem to be good kids not getting in trouble off the field. How are they "lacking in class?" I don't get it. I think when you put both together the "thug" bit and the "lacking in class" bit as OPA did it does come off as harsh and racist. But that's just my .2

The idea that I could be called out by you of all people is truly embarrassing.

Why don't you go to another board dedicated to a program for you which you care.

And take all of your nonsense with you.

Last edited:
How about you're making up.

Go look at pictures of the players from 2 frickin' years ago. They look the same as they do now.

But no, better to throw some vaguely racist stuff out there because you had a "bad" day.

In other words, get over yourself.

First, in the future I would suggest that you not take the Lord's name in vain while posting - it is offensive to many.

Second, I do not recall any player wearing a floppy hat or backward baseball cap during any official football proceeding under Marrone. And I've been to every home game for as long as I can recall and have no doubt that I have been to far more banquets, golf outings, donor events and coaches/players meeting in a single year than you ever have.

Third, your interpretation of a word that has nothing to do with race is your problem - you apparently attribute certain attributes to a particular group of people - I don't.

Fourth, I gather you're still smarting from the fact that despite being some type of professional broadcast researcher, you apparently have no real feel for viewer or fan perception of the football game experience.

Don't take your inferiority complex out on me with what is apparently your own self-contained racism.

OrangePA said:
First, in the future I would suggest that you not take the Lord's name in vain while posting - it is offensive to many. Second, I do not recall any player wearing a floppy hat or backward baseball cap during any official football proceeding under Marrone. And I've been to every home game for as long as I can recall and have no doubt that I have been to far more banquets, golf outings, donor events and coaches/players meeting in a single year than you ever have. Third, your interpretation of a word that has nothing to do with race is your problem - you apparently attribute certain attributes to a particular group of people - I don't. Fourth, I gather you're still smarting from the fact that despite being some type of professional broadcast researcher, you apparently have no real feel for viewer or fan perception of the football game experience. Don't take your inferiority complex out on me with what is apparently your own self-contained racism.

OK. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors