SU vs HOYAS IN MSG | Syracusefan.com

SU vs HOYAS IN MSG

Man I miss MCW. Except his drive then jump and decide what to do with the ball midair move, which resulted in a TO 80% of the time.

Just watched this the other day. Southerland's shooting in that tournament was off the charts. He was something like 60% from 3 over a 3 game stretch. Crazy stuff.

I was there! That was a great season. Good offensively, not great but they could suffocate you on defense.

This reminds me; ESPN Classic is playing old su/gtown games. Set your dvr!

Man I miss MCW. Except his drive then jump and decide what to do with the ball midair move, which resulted in a TO 80% of the time.

Funny, other than the Biden big head, Baye's awesome free throws, and the weirdness of the last MSG SU-Hoya game played on something other than the primary Garden floor, what I remember most about this game is Carter-Williams almost single-handedly letting Georgetown force overtime.

Not sure if that's how it really played how, but that's stuck in my memory.

Funny, other than the Biden big head, Baye's awesome free throws, and the weirdness of the last MSG SU-Hoya game played on something other than the primary Garden floor, what I remember most about this game is Carter-Williams almost single-handedly letting Georgetown force overtime.

Baye Keita's best game in Orange IMO. Rak barely played and had not yet developed into a defensive force. Also Triche got 2 early fouls and Cooney came off the bench and scored 10 first half points. The bench was amazing that game. Cooney and Keita had 23 of our 52 points. Outside of Triche and Southerland the rest of the starters did nothing except CJ's monster left handed dunk that is still very popular around these parts. MCW was not good that day. 6 turnovers and 3 points. Here is the box score:

Syracuse vs. Georgetown Box Score, March 15, 2013 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Baye Keita's best game in Orange IMO. Rak barely played and had not yet developed into a defensive force. Also Triche got 2 early fouls and Cooney came off the bench and scored 10 first half points. The bench was amazing that game. Cooney and Keita had 23 of our 52 points. Outside of Triche and Southerland the rest of the starters did nothing except CJ's monster left handed dunk that is still very popular around these parts. MCW was not good that day. 6 turnovers and 3 points. Here is the box score:

Syracuse vs. Georgetown Box Score, March 15, 2013 | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Coon-man with 10 (consecutive?) points in the first half! (Prompting a legion of SU fans to bust out the "Boeheimed" talk.) Yes, forgot to mention that. So much fun. That game had a little of everything.

Three plays involving Fair that I'd forgotten about before watching the last few minutes just now:

The contrast of his being pushed out of bounds with no call with about 50 seconds to go and the blocking foul called on him with a few seconds left is pretty ridiculous. I thought that block was a worse call in real time than I do now, but it's still a brutal call to make, especially given all the more serious contact they let go.

That step-back with about 18 seconds left, coming out of a timeout when the shot clock and the game clock were almost the same. Yikes. His dunk wouldn't have even happened, but we probably should've won that in regulation.

Really it was CJ who kind of went haywire at the end of regulation. Took a very poor shot then had a terrible foul. In conjunction with that MCW settled for a long jumper as time expired rather than drive to the hoop. I'm sure it was just that he didn't think he had enough time. Both CJ and MCW were not great all game honestly. Baye, South, and Cooney made that win.

Really it was CJ who kind of went haywire at the end of regulation. Took a very poor shot then had a terrible foul. In conjunction with that MCW settled for a long jumper as time expired rather than drive to the hoop. I'm sure it was just that he didn't think he had enough time. Both CJ and MCW were not great all game honestly. Baye, South, and Cooney made that win.

I was thinking of those two misses near the hoop on late possessions, though the last missed step-back was definitely worse than either of those. Shaky offensive decision-making late, for sure. Were it not for Baye's free throws to get us to 51, we'd have been on the unhappy end of that one.

Watching that version of the 2-3 versus what we have so far this year, wow. It's like Mozart vs. The Backstreet Boys.

And a wildly missed shot the other 20%
I believe there was a name for that move..."The Crashing Helicopter."

Watching that version of the 2-3 versus what we have so far this year, wow. It's like Mozart vs. The Backstreet Boys.

To be fair, Mozart is one guy. Can't expect him to effectively play the zone when he's the only guy on the floor. And this doesn't even take into consideration the fact that he died centuries before basketball was invented.

To be fair, Mozart is one guy. Can't expect him to effectively play the zone when he's the only guy on the floor. And this doesn't even take into consideration the fact that he died centuries before basketball was invented.
Good point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom