Sub Thompson for our point | Syracusefan.com

Sub Thompson for our point

20Plus

It puts Andrew and Tyler Lydon out of position a little bit but we would be better on rebounding. Defense would be at least bigger up top too.

I just want to see if Frank and John would sit next to each other ha ha

Honestly, it's not crazy.

Apparently Battle was supposed to be a point guard. Let's see it.

Yeah, Battle is showing he can get by guys. Why not try? Gillon and/or Howard can't be trusted. They are still lost and terrible decision makers.

Agreed. Start running Battle there and get him ready for next year. Probably easier to recruit a couple average wings and hope they fit in and play their roles than it is to find a PG who will play well next year, at this point. Run Battle there, and hopefully start finding a stud PG for the '18 class.

Battle wanted to be a point guard.

White was going to be the 2.

Lydon wants to be a 3.

Roberson is a 4.

Thompson can be a 5. He can also shoot so our spacing won't be bad.

These are our only players capable of ACC level play and it's not completely crazy. Why not...

Battle wanted to be a point guard.

White was going to be the 2.

Lydon wants to be a 3.

Roberson is a 4.

Thompson can be a 5. He can also shoot so our spacing won't be bad.

These are our only players capable of ACC level play and it's not completely crazy. Why not...

Thompson has such a long way to go. For every one play he does well, he makes 4 terrible plays. Pushed around like a rag doll on the boards. He drove me nuts tonight.

Thompson has such a long way to go. For every one play he does well, he makes 4 terrible plays. Pushed around like a rag doll on the boards. He drove me nuts tonight.
Yea but with Lydon and Roberson helping crash, that may be negated.

Gillon/Howard just cannot play. I don't know what we do with them but it shouldn't involve a basketball court.

Thompson at the 5 is better than Gillon at the 1.

This also gets extended run for our only two pieces next year and preps Battle to run point (if the staff ever considers that)

He drives me nuts every game, but the dude is so freaking talented that I can't be mad at him. He will be a stud here before he goes.

I don't think I've ever seen someone his size have that done to him down there. He's not a small guy. Imagine what would have happened to 7'2" down there.

He drives me nuts every game, but the dude is so freaking talented that I can't be mad at him. He will be a stud here before he goes.
If, and I think this is a huge if, he decides to play defense, and plays within the offensive system. His 19' shot with no one underneath was just dumb basketball. I can't see him ever being concerned about defense.

Yea but with Lydon and Roberson helping crash, that may be negated.

Gillon/Howard just cannot play. I don't know what we do with them but it shouldn't involve a basketball court.

Thompson at the 5 is better than Gillon at the 1.

This also gets extended run for our only two pieces next year and preps Battle to run point (if the staff ever considers that)
So Frank made one mistake tonight and sits the rest of the game. Gillon was just terrible, and doesn't even look to shoot and plays until exhaustion sets in and never gets pulled. I don't get it.

Did I miss something? Gillon was so tired at the end he didn't even pretend to contest shots.

So Frank made one mistake tonight and sits the rest of the game. Gillon was just terrible, and doesn't even look to shoot and plays until exhaustion sets on and never gets pulled. I don't get it.

Did I miss something? Gillon was so tired at the end he didn't even pretend to contest shots.
I already said that I'd play Howard over Gillon in the game thread. Gillon is not an ACC level player for BC, let alone Syracuse.

I'd still groom Battle to be next years point guard with Howard as the back up (if he's here)

I already said that I'd play Howard over Gillon in the game thread. Gillon is not an ACC level player for BC, let alone Syracuse.

I'd still groom Battle to be next years point guard with Howard as the back up (if he's here)
I was at a high school hoops game so never looked at the game thread. My kid's one comment tonight, "he doesn't even look to shoot."

Can't win like that. Plus he kept missing the screen and totally missed lydon open about 5 times. Tough night for John.

I was at a high school hoops game so never looked at the game thread. My kid's one comment tonight, "he doesn't even look to shoot."

Can't win like that. Plus he kept missing the screen and totally missed lydon open about 5 times. Tough night for John.
Maddening.

The one game he played well, he was popping threes when the defender sagged. He never tries to do that anymore (well did once and hit one then got blocked on a ridiculous heat check) and is too small to have any peripheral vision apparently.

When was the last time an SU screener actually made contact with a defender? 2006?

Funny for about 30 seconds we saw TT at the 4 and Lydon at the 5...I called it!
And then TT completely abandoned his side and attempted the rarely seen triple trap in the corner along with lydon and white which led to an easy dunk. One of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.

Dude battle has clearly shown a better handle than both Gillon and Howard. He could totally have better court vision the bar is low. And he can actually shoot and he's not a 5'11.
You think Gillon is 5'11"?

And then TT completely abandoned his side and attempted the rarely seen triple trap in the corner along with lydon and white which led to an easy dunk. One of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.
Yeah I gave up on my plan after that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom