Summer Hoops Portal Wish List | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Summer Hoops Portal Wish List

If he’s in the game, ND doesn’t get any of the close in shots on Saturday. He puts the pink elephant in a lot of opposing players mind.
And perfect situation for him to play, just like when he played well against us last year, there is a need for him, it’s just a situational need.

My worry is that there will be some college coach willing to go full Brad Pitt in Moneyball mode for Chris Bell. They will see the 42% 3 point shooting on high volume, want that despite all the other problems with his game, and be willing to drop a relatively large bag on the guy. As others have said it would be tough to compete with NIL for him with it stretched thin taking care of other guys.
You might want to rewatch the movie. That's not how Moneyball or Billy Beane operated...

I mean there is truth to the fact that if he is a threat it opens up the offense even if he isn’t hitting. That said he has to do other things during that time or sit on the bench. That’s his challenge if he wants to have a bigger role. I’d settle for him at 39 pct if he is busting his butt on the boards and defense too.
He's played much harder on the board and better on D. Blocking some shots, grabbing some board. So its not all negative at all.

But as we saw last game, his defense is still a major major problem

If he’s in the game, ND doesn’t get any of the close in shots on Saturday. He puts the pink elephant in a lot of opposing players mind.
They went small, played a two man game, and had our center guarding a shooter at the 3 pt line. What would a shot blocker do in that scenario unless we switched to zone...which we tried and then they torched us from 3...

The answer to the equation was Bell (and Judah to a degree) needed to be able to defend their man.

If Taylor goes portal dont be surprised if he ends up at Virginia..he is best friends with Bennett's son and was recruited by them. He is a good defensive player and in Bennett's slow style of play he coud excel
I don't think that's how that went. If Uva was serious about recruiting him, he would have went there in the first place.

I don't think that's how that went. If Uva was serious about recruiting him, he would have went there in the first place.
Wrong. They were always serious about him. If Boeheim was back he would have been at UVA this year.

Last edited:
How about just keeping Chris Bell? He’s one of the best shooters in the ACC right now.
need more size and grit at the forward spot, even with the big time recruit

so tired of seeing teams big body these guys in the paint

but yeah shooting would be nice, too

I think Taylor may be back. It's clear Red likes him. Obviously Westry isn't going anywhere. I am not counting Judah or Hima back at all. Carey and McLeod likely return.
taylor will probably start again next year lol

red loves the guy because he "shows every day" lol

Coming off a foot injury, I'm not counting on him for much next year. He won't start, but he could give us 5 or 10 good minutes, health permitting.
people want mcleod back??!

is there even a chance he leaves?

Wrong. They were always serious about him. If Boeheim was back he would have been at UVA this year.
good. cant believe people want more taylor

hes an absolute max 10mins a game player...why would he even want that?

good. cant believe people want more taylor

hes an absolute max 10mins a game player...why would he even want that?

He may have played his way out of that opportunity but i don't know. All I know is last offseason they still had interest.

Right...relationship with the coach, hometown team, more recent success than SU but but he wanted to come up North for a coach on his last legs, Uva was never serious about him.

I'm fine w Taylor staying as long as it's understood he may be recruited over which is already happening w Freeman and Moore.

Yeah Bennett will take Taylor probably depth bench D stopper role but still play 20 per night.

He’ll probably coach up his three point release and all of a sudden he’ll shoot better. Syracuse and Gerry are where shooters go to lose their form.

Right...relationship with the coach, hometown team, more recent success than SU but but he wanted to come up North for a coach on his last legs, Uva was never serious about him.

I'm fine w Taylor staying as long as it's understood he may be recruited over which is already happening w Freeman and Moore.

I know for a fact that you are wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom