Sunday game times if men and women advance | Syracusefan.com

Sunday game times if men and women advance

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Friends, I have been doing the Google for about ten minutes and getting nowhere. I would like to go see the women play on Sunday. Is this information available? If anyone can sleuth this out, it's you guys!

Friends, I have been doing the Google for about ten minutes and getting nowhere. I would like to go see the women play on Sunday. Is this information available? If anyone can sleuth this out, it's you guys!

I could be wrong, but I believe game times aren't determined until after all of the 1st round games are played.

We wont play probably till the 5:45/7:45 slot as the east region will probably get the early afternoon games. This is the way it was last year. Unless they want a Su-Sparty nooner solo game.

I could be wrong, but I believe game times aren't determined until after all of the 1st round games are played.

You're not wrong. I remember being in Cleveland (at least I think it was Cleveland) with a group of Cuse fans who had booked flights home at 9 p.m. Sunday very upset when game time was announced as 7:30 for the second round. I believe it was the first time the NCAA stretched the schedule to Sunday night in the Eastern time zone.

Marsh01 said:
We wont play probably till the 5:45/7:45 slot as the east region will probably get the early afternoon games. This is the way it was last year. Unless they want a Su-Sparty nooner solo game.

Id have to look at potential 2nd round games on sunday but would any have more national appeal than syracuse-michigan st? Thats 2 big time teams meeting early. Theyd probably want that game as the solo early game.

Id have to look at potential 2nd round games on sunday but would any have more national appeal than syracuse-michigan st? Thats 2 big time teams meeting early. Theyd probably want that game as the solo early game.
I think you are right. This most likely will be at the very time the SU women are playing in the Dome. Grrrrrr

Consigliere said:
You're not wrong. I remember being in Cleveland (at least I think it was Cleveland) with a group of Cuse fans who had booked flights home at 9 p.m. Sunday very upset when game time was announced as 7:30 for the second round. I believe it was the first time the NCAA stretched the schedule to Sunday night in the Eastern time zone.

Was that the marquette game from 2011? That was a sunday nite game.

Sunday times won't be released until Friday Night or early Saturday.
You are right, I am sure. I clicked on tee's links but times were not displayed. Thank you, everyone!

Don't they usually have a solo game going at the noon slot both Saturday and Sunday? Usually a marquee match up. I could see Boeheim vs Izzo being the 12:20 tip Sunday.

Don't they usually have a solo game going at the noon slot both Saturday and Sunday? Usually a marquee match up. I could see Boeheim vs Izzo being the 12:20 tip Sunday.
it will be Brooklyn.

likely nova-temple or a flipped wv-nd.

my guess is we get the 5pm CBS slot.

it will be Brooklyn.

likely nova-temple or a flipped wv-nd.

my guess is we get the 5pm CBS slot.
I was just going to say ND-West Virginia would have a shot at the nooner.

KaiserUEO said:
it will be Brooklyn. likely nova-temple or a flipped wv-nd. my guess is we get the 5pm CBS slot.
my thoughts exactly

we got the solo noon sunday start in 2010 against gonzaga, but that was in buffalo

we got the solo noon sunday start in 2010 against gonzaga, but that was in buffalo
Yes and it was great to watch us kick them around and then get to sit back and watch WVU- Iowa at the arena. Same thing in 2012 in Pittsburgh where we beat K. State and then got to sit back and enjoy Ohio St. - Gonzaga.

Yes and it was great to watch us kick them around and then get to sit back and watch WVU- Iowa at the arena. Same thing in 2012 in Pittsburgh where we beat K. State and then got to sit back and enjoy Ohio St. - Gonzaga.

oh yea forgot about the kstate game, that was a nooner on saturday. so they like putting us in those early games.

oh yea forgot about the kstate game, that was a nooner on saturday. so they like putting us in those early games.
We do get the nooner often. Probably because we (1) are a big name, (2) are on the east coast and (3) we do not usually have a 1 or 2 seed so our second round game looks more competitive on paper.

buffalo-pittsburgh.....Brooklyn

win and see you at 5 ladies.

There are games in each region being played Friday/Sunday, so the specific region is meaningless. The pods playing Sunday will be St. Louis, Brooklyn, Spokane and Oklahoma City. You'd have to believe the Brooklyn pod would play the noon game since the other 3 are at least 1 hour behind. There is one broadcast at noon, one at 2:30 and then one at 5:00 on CBS, with the TNT games starting at 6, the TBS games at 7 and the TruTV game at 7:30. There are 2 games each on TBS and TNT, and one on Tru, so the 7:30 TruTv game will be in the same location as the 5pm CBS game. With Brooklyn expected to be the Noon/2:30 pair, it would be assumed that the ST Louis games will be 5/7:30 on CBS/Tru, 6/8:30 on TNT or 7/9:30 on TBS.

If I had to guess, if we beat Dayton, we'll be the 5pm game on CBS with the Xavier/Pitt/Wisc game following on Tru TV, but that's a guess. Looking at the potential OKC and Spokane matchups, only a potential Texas/A&M game would have anywhere near the cache of Syracuse/Mich State, and even that is regional. Oregon vs Cinc/StJoe, Oklahoma vs OreSt/VCU, Cal/Maryland or Xav/Pitt/Wisc do not move the needle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom