SUNY Cortland - Final Four | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

SUNY Cortland - Final Four

TWO CORTLAND WRS TO THE NFL

First and foremost congrats to these two gentleman who signed undrafted rookie deals. Truly an amazing accomplishment as a D3 athlete.

Now on the flip side…. Cortland FLIPPIN State has more nfl signings this year so far then cuse…. Am I doing the simple math correctly here? Holy hell that’s a mind boggling stat and quite sad. Now I know we could’ve had some more signings if Barron and wax went to nfl, but those scenarios are also the case for pretty much all P5 schools.

Thank you to the man up above for Fran Brown. This will be changed drastically in short order.
the kid that signed the UDFA with the Bengals went to Greenwich I think - Class C school in Section 2. Kid has no shot at making it but that is quite a trip from small school, to Cortland suspension to Natty to free Bengal gear.

the kid that signed the UDFA with the Bengals went to Greenwich I think - Class C school in Section 2. Kid has no shot at making it but that is quite a trip from small school, to Cortland suspension to Natty to free Bengal gear.

Doesn't seem like they would waste a spot on someone who has no chance at all to stick.

Doesn't seem like they would waste a spot on someone who has no chance at all to stick.

No real roster limits at this time for the NFL

It gets trimmed down over the preseason to make the final 53 man roster

There is no risk at signing him for now

Sure, but there are a LOT of players at all the levels of college football. They don't invite all of them. He's a longshot, but he's getting his chance.

Sure, but there are a LOT of players at all the levels of college football. They don't invite all of them. He's a longshot, but he's getting his chance.

Sure but that doesn’t mean they think he will stick

Didn't know until the playoffs that Fitzy was the coach at Cortland, he was the QB my 1st year or 2 at St. John Fisher. His brother was a helluva FB too.

Probably helped the Bengals OC is a Cortland grad.

It was always amusing to me seeing the agendas play out when posters who loved a recently departed coach would include practice squad guys to a list of guys that made the league to pump up that coach's legacy. I'm consistent if it's not 53 it doesn't count.