Super Bowl LII thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LII thread

The eagle's second championship:

It's silent, unfortunately.

He had control while the ball was on the ground. He lost control after rolling and it popped up, but not while the ball was on the ground. He then caught it cleanly.

To me, there isn't a single circumstance where that isn't a catch.

He lost control when the ball hit the ground, (on the second one).

He lost control when the ball hit the ground, (on the second one).
No, he had control of the ball the entire time it was on the ground. He lost control during the roll.

It was a catch. Caught the ball took 3 steps crossed the plain and then the ground caused the fumble. Onquestion a catch. I think the one in the back of the end zone was more questionable.
I agree with you that it was a catch.

I'm saying, even if they don't call him a runner, it's still a catch because he maintained control while the ball was in contact with the ground, it could have been considered a loose live ball after the roll, but he caught that cleanly too.

Best. Super. Bowl. Ever.

The whole game was like the fourth quarter of a great game. And it was almost all positive plays. the only negative one was the ball that was bobbled into the hands of the Patriot for an interception. Even the strip-sack was a great play, not a bobble.

I'm very happy for the city of Philadelphia, which has been waiting 57 years for this. Only the Cardinals (1947) and the Lions (1957) have waited longer. All those years I rooted to Donovan to win a Super Bowl - i'm glad his team could win one at least. And i'm sick of Brady and the Patriots winning.

It must be strange for Vikings fans to see their town full of celebrating Eagles fans. But the Vikings could not have won this game.

On the two controversial catches: I think the first was a catch under the rules because the guy was switching the ball from one hand to another. There may have been a split second when he wasn't griping it but he wasn't bobbling it either. The second one certainly seemed like a non-catch under the rules, which are about surviving first contact with the ground, (Jesse James in Pittsburgh did survive first contact: he didn't survive the third contact). Calling him a "runner" because he was touched seems strange. if the defender was draped all over him would you call him a runner? But i'm glad they got the call because I wanted the eagles to win. Now the NFL needs to change the rule: if he's got control, It's a catch. if he loses it in bounds and before he breaks the plane, it's a fumble, unless it was caused by the ground.

I'm not sure I know what a catch is anymore but Ertz took three steps from the five yard line and then crossed the plane. What does he need to do? Take 10 steps? They need to clean that rule up.

Get your bets in.

58FF122C-1FA2-480F-A0D3-75493244E638.jpeg

From a lifelong Pats fan... Congrats Philly, you deserved it.

I drowned my sorrow, watching Cuse knock off Clemson... Still a good night for football.

I can't say I would have predicted that Foles would play THAT well but people pushed the panic button a little too hard after the Raider game. People forget he didn't take any snaps in pre-season because of an injury and minimal reps all year long. The Raider game was played in very frigid conditions and it was just one game. Foles is a good QB if you give him protection and a running game. Once he got the reps he began to find a rhythm.

Yeah congrats bpo. You put in a lot of time and $. Going to games is a pia, but it's worth it when you get that ring.

Yeah congrats bpo. You put in a lot of time and $. Going to games is a pia, but it's worth it when you get that ring.

Thx man, no doubt. Very similar feeling to 2003 with the Orange. You kind of think it will never happen and then it sneaks up on you. Even when they were down 1 and not putting up much resistance I still had a good feeling. Just felt like it was destiny.

Best. Super. Bowl. Ever.

The whole game was like the fourth quarter of a great game. And it was almost all positive plays. the only negative one was the ball that was bobbled into the hands of the Patriot for an interception. Even the strip-sack was a great play, not a bobble.

I'm very happy for the city of Philadelphia, which has been waiting 57 years for this. Only the Cardinals (1947) and the Lions (1957) have waited longer. All those years I rooted to Donovan to win a Super Bowl - i'm glad his team could win one at least. And i'm sick of Brady and the Patriots winning.

It must be strange for Vikings fans to see their town full of celebrating Eagles fans. But the Vikings could not have won this game.

On the two controversial catches: I think the first was a catch under the rules because the guy was switching the ball from one hand to another. There may have been a split second when he wasn't griping it but he wasn't bobbling it either. The second one certainly seemed like a non-catch under the rules, which are about surviving first contact with the ground, (Jesse James in Pittsburgh did survive first contact: he didn't survive the third contact). Calling him a "runner" because he was touched seems strange. if the defender was draped all over him would you call him a runner? But i'm glad they got the call because I wanted the eagles to win. Now the NFL needs to change the rule: if he's got control, It's a catch. if he loses it in bounds and before he breaks the plane, it's a fumble, unless it was caused by the ground.

Good post but the fact we’re even discussing the second catch is a huge problem

Ertz caught the ball at the SIX yard line and ran into the end zone over 3 steps.

I don’t know why we need to have a definition for this, but that defines a runner, so even under the current rules it’s a catch. Doesn’t/shouldn’t matter if you take 3 or 100 steps what happens after that is moot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom