Super Bowl LVII Thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl LVII Thread...

I don’t know how much the guards move early because I don’t watch them.

Kelce gets such a good push and Hurts is strong enough that it’s overkill if they are jumping.

DTs can't get a push at all to get around as guards get leverage before by going early. Even when it's clean its very well executed and hard to stop. The crazy high success rate is due to leaving early. Without it would still be 50 plus pct on the same play .

I expect the Philly sneak is gonna need to enjoy its run this year.

People complain about Lane Johnson but he just times things well. On the sneak however, more often than not the guards are leaving too early giving them extra leverage. Has happened all year. I know Eagles fans don't want to hear it but the high rate of conversion is the result.

With that said they aren't calling it so you keep going until they do. I would expect an emphasis on it as soon as next year though.
I actually think you have more of a beef with Johnson moving early. He does it a lot. Not sure why cuz he can dominate his guy without doing that. I watch Philly every week and have not seen false starts that weren't called on the interior line.

I bet everyone on the Eagles LOVES Sirianni
I like his coaching style in terms of aggressiveness and his coordinators are first rate. I can do without the mean mugging but hey that's the culture we live in. Dudes do it all the time after three yard gains down 21. And besides it hurts the Dallas and NYG fans' feelings. ;)

I actually think you have more of a beef with Johnson moving early. He does it a lot. Not sure why cuz he can dominate his guy without doing that. I watch Philly every week and have not seen false starts that weren't called on the interior line.

I dunno- I see tons of tackles doing the same thing. The Cowboys rookie did it a lot for example this year. The eagles qb sneak formation makes it very difficult to see for the officials. Again I'm not knocking Philly- it's a great and intelligent move and why blame anyone if officials won't call it?

Look at how Seattle was constantly holding and putting hands on receivers downfield without being called.

KC is toast. You guys are hoisting the trophy. I'm sure Sirianni will act like an idiot and the fans will destroy a few blocks. Otherwise happy for Hurts and company- it's a hard group of guys to root against.

I like his coaching style in terms of aggressiveness and his coordinators are first rate. I can do without the mean mugging but hey that's the culture we live in. Dudes do it all the time after three yard gains down 21. And besides it hurts the Dallas and NYG fans' feelings. ;)

Lol - more like Sirianni is just a better coaching version of Danny Hurley.

DTs can't get a push at all to get around as guards get leverage before by going early. Even when it's clean its very well executed and hard to stop. The crazy high success rate is due to leaving early. Without it would still be 50 plus pct on the same play .
You're like a dog with a bone on this topic. The crazy high success rate is due to having pro bowl caliber linemen and the strongest QB in the league. The guards know the snap count. The DL does not. This ain't rocket science.

I already find the halftime dull. Bring back the one last year!!!

I mean….I’m not just being biased - I like Daboll. He’s likable. I’d have a beer with him. Not the Eagles guy - he’s a goof.

You're like a dog with a bone on this topic. The crazy high success rate is due to having pro bowl caliber linemen and the strongest QB in the league. The guards know the snap count. The DL does not. This ain't rocket science.

Lol... not at all it's not hard to see. Funny it bothers the Philly fans like certain things bothered the Patriots fans. Gotta have your crown and everyone to bow ;).

I'm sitting here surrounded by 20 Eagles fans... it's a good time prodding the champs ego.

Lol... not at all it's not hard to see. Funny it bothers the Philly fans like certain things bothered the Patriots fans. Gotta have your crown and everyone to bow ;).

I'm sitting here surrounded by 20 Eagles fans... it's a good time prodding the champs ego.
Nah the funny thing is you're the only person I've ever heard complaining about these supposed false starts. I've heard plenty of people complain about pushing the QB from behind and how that should be outlawed. That's a valid complaint.

The unfortunate thing is that it takes attention away from the coaching job he's doing and the greatness of his players.

And despite how any of us rival fans feel he is making big bucks and will have a ring and a parade. DP was good but Sirianni is just better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom