Super Bowl | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Super Bowl

His record has been impressive because the Giants defense has been better than anything Peyton's played with until this year. They have almost identical stats in the playoffs.

Don't bother. Kaiser is not the guy to discuss QBs with.
I assume that's because I'm never wrong.

You take Peyton, it's a no brainier.

Although. 1 more Lombardi and Eli will likely eclipse Simms as my favorite QB of all time.

You baffle me. How can you support Peyton and not Romo? Is it just because he's a Cowboy?

You baffle me. How can you support Peyton and not Romo? Is it just because he's a Cowboy?
Not Sure if serious.jpg

Really? Peyton vs. Romo? Not trying to be snarky, really. I just can't understand the question.

Well both of them are unfairly labeled chokers. Obviously Peyton is a way better QB.

Well both of them are unfairly labeled chokers. Obviously Peyton is a way better QB.
On what planet does anyone consider Peyton a choker??

Keeping, with a current SuperBowl theme, romo is a poor mans Delhome.

It was a joke. It was which bro which would rather have in a big game. Eli doesn't get to many big games but when he does his record has been impressive. While Peyton has a 14-13 playoff record. Peyton is the greatest regular season QB of alltime.

It is a tougher question that it looks, isn't it...

Peyton is a great QB but hasn't always brought it on the biggest stage.

Eli has a small sample size but he has delivered when it counts the most...

Tony Romo: 65.3% 5.7 TD% 2.7 INT% 7.02 ANY/A
Jake Delhomme: 59.4% 4.3 TD% 3.4 INT% 5.70 ANY/A

Not even close.

Tony Romo: 65.3% 5.7 TD% 2.7 INT% 7.02 ANY/A
Jake Delhomme: 59.4% 4.3 TD% 3.4 INT% 5.70 ANY/A

Not even close.
You're right.

Romo: 2 playoff wins.

Delhomme: 5 playoff wins

And a Super Bowl appearance

Delhomme > romo

Romo is the Drew Bledsoe of the Manning/Brady Era.

He has been good but not good enough. Bledsoe put up great numbers but was never good enough to carry a team to a title.

Bledsoe got to a Super Bowl by luck. Romo has had a good career but not good enough. 2007 was a great season but that choke in the playoffs versus NYG was huge.

Romo like Bledsoe and Donovan McNabb will not get into the HOF even though we were very very good.

Romo is the Drew Bledsoe of the Manning/Brady Era.

He has been good but not good enough. Bledsoe put up great numbers but was never good enough to carry a team to a title.

Bledsoe got to a Super Bowl by luck. Romo has had a good career but not good enough. 2007 was a great season but that choke in the playoffs versus NYG was huge.

Romo like Bledsoe and Donovan McNabb will not get into the HOF even though we were very very good.
This is where mcnabb has an advantage.

The next best thing to the HOF, is a teams Ring of Honor/retired #/whatever.

McNabb has it.

Legacy secured.

Romo and Bledsoe, likely wont.

Unfortunately for McNabb, it causes the folks here to go a little nuts and want a higher honor for him, which inevitably sets him up for a failure he doesnt deserve and them up for ridicule.

People, he's likely in his HS HOF, IL State HOF, Syracuse HOF and the iggs Ring of Honor...celebrate that.

For they are all INCREDIBLE accomplishments.

But guys, it's over.

Move on.

No offense, but that is a pretty dumb comment. You have to get over your Cowboys hatred.

Although. 1 more Lombardi and Eli will likely eclipse Simms as my favorite QB of all time.

Simms my fave also...I used to berate people in the stands who booed him and when they cheered him getting hurt vs Bills and cheered Hostetler coming onto the field, I was apoplectic...

I can only wonder what his stats would have been if he had ever had real talent out wide and if Parcells had ever let him do more than just manage the game...

I don't think the Giants had a single wide receiver go to the Pro Bowl during Simms career. Bavaro was as a tight-end...

Simms my fave also...I used to berate people in the stands who booed him and when they cheered him getting hurt vs Bills and cheered Hostetler coming onto the field, I was apoplectic...

I can only wonder what his stats would have been if he had ever had real talent out wide and if Parcells had ever let him do more than just manage the game...

I don't think the Giants had a single wide receiver go to the Pro Bowl during Simms career. Bavaro was as a tight-end...
still wear the Simms throwback to every home game now.

79-83 was a magical football time for me. i was playing pop warner-jr high ball and football was becoming my #1 sport. my favorite show was the NFL Today.

i lived and died by the Giants and 11 & 56 were my guys (of course).

my education/reading skills increased by going to cover to cover with the Giants Newsweekly...TGN.

i begged my parents to take me to training camp every year. great times.

by 84 my brain had matured enough to really understand it and to seriously get into it. i could question play calls, worry about the weather and the infamous Giants Stadium wind.

'86 season will never be topped. (although the '07 playoffs was freakin ridiculous)

but yeah, he was throwing to some crappy WRs for sure.

with all the injuries he had, he still put up some pretty impressive #s.

just getting back the 4 games from the 87 strike would put him over 200tds and if Handley didnt start Hoss in 91, it wouldve been even more.

my biased opinion makes him a HOFer, but...SB MVP, # retired and in the Giants Ring of Honor is no small consolation prize.

still wear the Simms throwback to every home game now.

79-83 was a magical football time for me. i was playing pop warner-jr high ball and football was becoming my #1 sport. my favorite show was the NFL Today.

i lived and died by the Giants and 11 & 56 were my guys (of course).

my education/reading skills increased by going to cover to cover with the Giants Newsweekly...TGN.

i begged my parents to take me to training camp every year. great times.

by 84 my brain had matured enough to really understand it and to seriously get into it. i could question play calls, worry about the weather and the infamous Giants Stadium wind.

'86 season will never be topped. (although the '07 playoffs was freakin ridiculous)

but yeah, he was throwing to some crappy WRs for sure.

with all the injuries he had, he still put up some pretty impressive #s.

just getting back the 4 games from the 87 strike would put him over 200tds and if Handley didnt start Hoss in 91, it wouldve been even more.

my biased opinion makes him a HOFer, but...SB MVP, # retired and in the Giants Ring of Honor is no small consolation prize.

Good lord sounds eerily similar to my life growing up as a Giants fan

I still remember we used to attend the Giants-Jets pre-season game and we used to run up to players cars and wait for them to get out and get autographs. That was when I was like 8 through 15 years old

86 season was epic and such a great ride. 4th and 17 to Bobby Johnson against the Vikes was incredible

90 was my favorite season as I was in Fredonia where the Bills training camp was and it was so great to beat them the way we did. Plus the 49er game was unreal

With receivers like Ernest Gray, Stephen Baker, Mark Ingram, Lionel Manuel, Johnny Perkins and Odessa Turner its amazing 11 was as good as he was. Yes Bavaro helped but still

The loss to the Rams in 89 still stings. I can still see Flipper Anderson running. I wanted to cry

Not as bad as the loss to the niners 39-38. Still thought that team would have went to the SB had we won

Last edited:
Good lord sound eerily similar to my life growing up as a Giants fan

I still remember we used to attend the Giants-Jets pre-season game and we used to run up to players cars and wait for them to get out and get autographs. That was when I was like 8 through 15 years old

86 season was epic and such a great ride. 4th and 17 to Bobby Johnson against the Vikes was incredible

90 was my favorite season as I was in Fredonia where the Bills training camp was and it was so great to beat them the way we did. Plus the 49er game was unreal

With receivers like Ernest Gray, Stephen Baker, Mark Ingram, Lionel Manuel, Johnny Perkins and Odessa Turner its amazing 11 was as good as he was. Yes Bavaro helped but still

The loss to the Rams in 89 still stings. I can still see Flipper Anderson running. I wanted to cry

Not as bad as the loss to the niners 39-38. Still thought that team would have went to the SB had we won
nail meets hammer.

flipper anderson, good lord. that one will sting forever. i still say...i hope that motherflucker is still running, cause im still chasin...

they were going to the SuperBowl in 02.

flat. out. going.

that offense was on fire.

trey junkin and CALL THE PASS INTERFERENCE YOU MORON!!! I DONT WANT A LEAGUE APOLOGY!!!

Tagliabue called it the most disappointing officiating blunder he has seen in all his years in the NFL.

yeah, thanks. that a dime net me a dime.

nail meets hammer.

flipper anderson, good lord. that one will sting forever. i still say...i hope that motherflucker is still running, cause im still chasin...

they were going to the SuperBowl in 02.

flat. out. going.

that offense was on fire.

trey junkin and CALL THE PASS INTERFERENCE YOU MORON!!! I DONT WANT A LEAGUE APOLOGY!!!

Tagliabue called it the most disappointing officiating blunder he has seen in all his years in the NFL.

yeah, thanks. that a dime net me a dime.

no doubt going to the SB. Still cant believe they didnt call the PI. Trey Junkin. Oy...best long snapper and he misses a 2 footer for the win.

I was at my parents house and when that game ended I drove home (about 2 miles) in what I call a complete fog. I inadvertently (because I was literally out of it) ran a stop sign and almost caused a 4 car pile up. The sad thing is I didnt remember doing it it until later that night when I started to snap out of it. Painful

oh and Chris Calloway. Catch the on sides kick you dumbass

In Tecmo Super Bowl 1991 when I played against a human I used the Giants. Since the teams weren't even in that game.
49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Giants, Eagles were a clear step above the rest.

The Simms flea flicker to Stephen Baker the Touchdownmaker was an incredibly hard to stop play.

That NYG team was loaded one of the few teams that could stop Bo Jackson and the 49ers.

2 incredible RBs in Anderson with power and Meggett with speed

Bavaro at TE, Baker/Ingram solid WRs

LT at OLB was unstoppable just like Bo Jackson on offense.

In Tecmo Super Bowl 1991 when I played against a human I used the Giants. Since the teams weren't even in that game.
49ers, Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, Giants, Eagles were a clear step above the rest.

The Simms flea flicker to Stephen Baker the Touchdownmaker was an incredibly hard to stop play.

That NYG team was loaded one of the few teams that could stop Bo Jackson and the 49ers.

2 incredible RBs in Anderson with power and Meggett with speed

Bavaro at TE, Baker/Ingram solid WRs

LT at OLB was unstoppable just like Bo Jackson on offense.

The flea flicker in that game was money.

I think I had like 125 sacks with LT one season

That game was the best because it was the first game that actually kept real stats.

I remember playing with every team full seasons till I won the SB with every team. Thousands of hours playing that game.

I have 2013 version of Tecmo Super Bowl on my computer with an NES emulator I wish I could upload it on this board but their is no way for it.