Sweater vest | Syracusefan.com

Sweater vest

cusedog321

Walk On
It really seems like marrone is on his way out, he is interviewing with anybody who will give me one, I can't blame him it's the nfl. That being said if he leaves and we don't hire Schaffer or Hackett my vote is give tressal a call and see if he has any interest in getting back into college football. If Bobby Petrino will coach at Western Kentucky, Tressal might have interest in coming to the Cuse in its first season in the ACC.

i know I am probably in the minority but I would be all for it. Big name. Brings a big spotlight to the program. As long as there are checks and balances in place to watch over him to make sure no rules are being broken (which he would even have to understand is reasonable) I am all for it.

Does Tressell have a ban on him?

If not, I could live with him as coach, albeit, with much oversight in the compliance department. Perhaps a direct report to TGD as a manner of a check and balance. Also, further efforts to ensure big donors are clear on the boundaries, though, Syracuse traditionally does not have problems with donors crossing lines.

Can you imagine JT with an Orange sweater vest?

This would be great... People forget that Jim Tressel used to be a Syracuse assistant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm all in. Would be short term and mean the end of Hackett, but I'm fine with that tradeoff

Not to mention JT wouldn't use SU as a stepping stone job. One, his age. Two, I don't see a major program wanting him with his background and history. So, if JT comes here and does well...he's staying here! You ain't gotta worry about him leaving

Does Tressell have a ban on him?

If not, I could live with him as coach, albeit, with much oversight in the compliance department. Perhaps a direct report to TGD as a manner of a check and balance. Also, further efforts to ensure big donors are clear on the boundaries, though, Syracuse traditionally does not have problems with donors crossing lines.

Can you imagine JT with an Orange sweater vest?
Just texted a friend of mine in Columbus. Tressel is currently the AD at Akron and he has two more years to serve on suspension before he can coach again . So much for that!

He can in fact coach. His "show clause" is a very weak one. I believe he is banned from coaching in the school's first six games and in their bowl should they make it in the first year.

Just texted a friend of mine in Columbus. Tressel is currently the AD at Akron and he has two more years to serve on suspension before he can coach again . So much for that!

he doesnt have a suspension. he has a show cause.

long story short, we would have to take some sort of sanction if we hired him for the remaining 2 years. not sure what they are.

He can in fact coach. His "show clause" is a very weak one. I believe he is banned from coaching in the school's first six games and in their bowl should they make it in the first year.
That's what I thought. But my friend said no, he has a definite suspension. I dunno

Regardless, JT has some baggage. If TGD believes he can work around the baggage, I would support that decision. I'm good with Shafer or Hackett getting the job, too.

hell...I'm just waiting for any Syracuse football staff cheating. Being accused by the NCAA is a sign of street cred. meaning that we hit the big time baby

Why would anyone want a dirty coach? Im sorry but its not worth taking trash just to get attention. It IS possible to do things the right way. I dont care if tressell was a former SU coach.

Why would anyone want a dirty coach? Im sorry but its not worth taking trash just to get attention. It IS possible to do things the right way. I dont care if tressell was a former SU coach.

I agree with your sentiment. However, I differ in that I believe that people can learn their lessons. This is where I would trust TGD to make the call, that is what he is paid for. We are talking about CFB compliance/NCAA violations and not criminal felonies, too.

Its crazy that tressel won a national championship but was 5-6 in bowl games. Makes me think his success was more being at ohio st and just getting good recruits moreso than his actual coaching.

Tressel has a five-year show-cause. The penalty, however, is virtually nonexistent after the first five weeks of his head coaching tenure.

During that time period, Tressel can not participate in practice, meetings or games. He also must submit a progress report to the NCAA every six months. Tressel must also miss the team's bowl game in his first season.

Its crazy that tressel won a national championship but was 5-6 in bowl games. Makes me think his success was more being at ohio st and just getting good recruits moreso than his actual coaching.
Just reflective of him getting to really good bowl games and getting outmatched by the sec. No real shame on that over the stretch.

It really seems like marrone is on his way out, he is interviewing with anybody who will give me one, I can't blame him it's the nfl. That being said if he leaves and we don't hire Schaffer or Hackett my vote is give tressal a call and see if he has any interest in getting back into college football. If Bobby Petrino will coach at Western Kentucky, Tressal might have interest in coming to the Cuse in its first season in the ACC.

The University is in no position to thumb it's nose at the NCAA right now. I'd be all for it, but I don't see it happening.

Just reflective of him getting to really good bowl games and getting outmatched by the sec. No real shame on that over the stretch.

Tressel won 4 titles at youngstown st ... dude can coach.

Tressel won 4 titles at youngstown st ... dude can coach.
that's what i'm saying. people shouldn't take from his bowl record that he's overrated.

that's what i'm saying. people shouldn't take from his bowl record that he's overrated.

Right? Ask Bob Stoops, Chip Kelly or a slew of others how easy it is to beat SEC teams in BCS championship games. He did beat (although on an bogus PI call) one of the most loaded Miami teams of the past 30 years ... I was watching the 03 title game replay the other night ... that Hurricane team was loaded ... Winslow, McGahee, Taylor, Dorsey ... ugh the names .. Vilma ... it was like watching a Pro-Bowl.