Symir Hurt Late | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Symir Hurt Late

Stating the obvious but pg is the position that is the biggest question mark on this team. An elite point guard on this team could drive to the bucket at will and rack up double digit assists every night.
Joe got into the lane plenty and I don’t think we’ve ever had anyone average 10apg. The highest I think was Douglas with 8.6. Not MCW and not Flynn.

Yeah but I don't remember ever having 3-4 guys 6-6 or taller who could hit 35-45% of their 3s. Many, many easy assists to be had with this lineup.

Just did a quick review and nobody has ever averaged 10 and we’ve had even better offenses.

Even though it was "only" LaFayette, Symir seemed like he was trying a bit too hard, and going a bit too fast. He needs to calm down just a bit.

I think he just jammed a finger. Hope it's not too bad.
Is it S-eye-Meer, or Sim ear?

Looked like a finger injury, someone noted possibly dislocated.
I wouldn't think you would be too concerned about the possiblity of Paddy Casey getting minutes as enthusiastic as you were about yelling for JB to put Braedon Bayer into every game a few seasons ago :)

I thought it was his wrist. Here's hoping it's nothing. I really like what I've seen from him the last 2 times out. Seems to be a steady kid and pure point guard. I think we're going to need him in the heart of the season.

61744801.jpg

I wouldn't think you would be too concerned about the possiblity of Paddy Casey getting minutes as enthusiastic as you were about yelling for JB to put Braedon Bayer into every game a few seasons ago :)

I think you got the wrong guy my friend, I sure as heck didn't want see Baedon Bayer in a competitive D1 game and definitely didn't want JB to put him anywhere but the bench.

* Edit* - I did some searching and did see during one of our horrendous shooting slumps/games that year I called for JB to try him to see if he could make a shot. Man I don't miss how bad those teams were offensively.

I think you got the wrong guy my friend, I sure as heck didn't want see Baedon Bayer in a competitive D1 game and definitely didn't want JB to put him anywhere but the bench.

* Edit* - I did some searching and did see during one of our horrendous shooting slumps/games that year I called for JB to try him to see if he could make a shot. Man I don't miss how bad those teams were offensively.
Yep we all say some things in the game threads that we'd like to take back, including myself. Plus those were the Frank Howard years where our offense was pretty ugly. I was just teasing you though :)

ive only seen condensed game and box score, he doesnt need to give them much but it needs to be more than 0 for 5 from the floor

In the post game, JB said this was as bad as ST can possibly play. Shows how much people hate JG3 that they heaping praise on him for an 0-5 outing lol. I think ST will be a nice addition to the team.

ive only seen condensed game and box score, he doesnt need to give them much but it needs to be more than 0 for 5 from the floor

He missed a couple layups that he absolutely HAS to make. He was rushing himself, trying to play too fast. Against LaFayette. Hopefully he calms down with a couple more games under his belt.

Stating the obvious but pg is the position that is the biggest question mark on this team. An elite point guard on this team could drive to the bucket at will and rack up double digit assists every night.
If pg is the biggest question mark we are in great shape. Granted the level of competition hasn't given him any challenges yet, but Joe looks 1000% more confident and in charge this year. People don;t realize what he went through health-wise last year. Doube digit assists is a bit out there, but Joe will likely average around 14 ppg, 5 - 6 apg and at least a 2-1 assist to turnover rate this year. Easily a top 5 PG in the ACC.

Don't understand why some are still hung up on pure point guard or pure power forward type acclimations. That went out in the 90s. Much more flexibility in skill sets and positional ability in this era's game.

If pg is the biggest question mark we are in great shape. Granted the level of competition hasn't given him any challenges yet, but Joe looks 1000% more confident and in charge this year. People don;t realize what he went through health-wise last year. Doube digit assists is a bit out there, but Joe will likely average around 14 ppg, 5 - 6 apg and at least a 2-1 assist to turnover rate this year. Easily a top 5 PG in the ACC.

Don't understand why some are still hung up on pure point guard or pure power forward type acclimations. That went out in the 90s. Much more flexibility in skill sets and positional ability in this era's game.

AND... with Buddy now showing the next evolution of his skills - passing and playmaking - we don't 'need' for JGIII to be the ball-dominant, distributing PG of days of yore.

Joe had 7 dimes.
Buddy had 6 - that's gotta be a new career high.
Sy had 4, and in only 18 minutes.
Cole & Frankie each had 2. Pretty much everybody else had 1.

The fact that ALL of these guys seem to be willing and somewhat able passers, will help tremendously.
The only guy amongst the 8 main rotation players who didn't have a dime last night was Jimmy, mostly because he was doing efficient (8/9 from field), effective work scoring.

A guard shouldn’t try to block a underneath with 10 secs to play. Hope it’s just sore.
if you are going to hurt something a finger is the least problematic.

I thought he was disruptive at the top of the zone...

I thought Symir had a good game. His shot didn't fall, and I do worry about teams choosing to not guard him, but as long as he is attracting a defender he is doing enough on offense in my book.

Defensively he was fantastic. He's strong, long, and quick, and he plays much bigger than 6'3. Lafayette ran out several 6'7 shooters, and Symir made it seem like they were the smaller guys. He tipped at least 3 passes that were picked off, and I don't think he got credit for any of those steals. I dont understand the thinking behind giving the steal to the guy who happens to catch the ball over the guy who made the actual defensive play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom