Syracuse 2022 Strength of Schedule | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse 2022 Strength of Schedule

Keep in mind he went almost two years without regularly throwing the ball. Even without a specific injury gotta think a tired arm may have played into performance. With a full offseason of practice and conditioning as a QB I am hopeful to see a much more polished passer.
well, lets hope so. because what we saw was not only not P5 worthy, it wasnt D1 worthy.

Keep in mind he went almost two years without regularly throwing the ball. Even without a specific injury gotta think a tired arm may have played into performance. With a full offseason of practice and conditioning as a QB I am hopeful to see a much more polished passer.
Agreed...what I'm hopeful for. It could've been a combination of injury and a tired arm late season.

I’ll get my head torn off here, but considering our SOS this year with ND and Purdue and how tough the Atlantic is supposed to be, we could go 5-7 this year yet be a much better team than last year.

I agree. I think we completely fell apart 2 years ago.

Last year, after the change from DeVito to Shrader, we looked much better, and were competitive in nearly every game until a couple guys on the line (and probably Shrader) were hurt toward the end of the year. But that was a soft schedule that should have landed us in a bowl, but for a couple blown end-of-game situations from Dino.

I agree that this year, we could be a MUCH better team, but still only win 5 or 6 games. I just hope fans don't lose their heads, because with this coaching staff, if they get 2 years together, I see an 8 win team not very far off.
This is it exactly

I’ll get my head torn off here, but considering our SOS this year with ND and Purdue and how tough the Atlantic is supposed to be, we could go 5-7 this year yet be a much better team than last year.
I agree...but not making a bowl game means we're still losing to "good teams" from our own division. Losing to ND or Purdue isn't what is killing our bowl chances...its losing to NC State, Wake, Louisville, BC, etc. The schools we're directly comparing ourselves to, setting the standards.

We return 17 of 22 starters. Failing to make a bowl game with that kind of continuity is a bad look no matter how you spin it.

Kaiser we gotta hope the rumor he was injured is true...cuz his passing was off after the VT game.

I expect we'll see a much better QB. If he can't throw at least average we have 2-3 others to trot out. I'm pretty bullish on the team. I only worry about our passing and DL...hopefully Spring Ball yields some answers...of course, they'll be state secrets until the Louisville game.

Shrader did well his first 3 games. Then he took that cheap shot, and wasn't the same after that. We also lost one or two linemen around that time, last 2 or 3 games.

I agree...but not making a bowl game means we're still losing to "good teams" from our own division. Losing to ND or Purdue isn't what is killing our bowl chances...its losing to NC State, Wake, Louisville, BC, etc. The schools we're directly comparing ourselves to, setting the standards.

We return 17 of 22 starters. Failing to make a bowl game with that kind of continuity is a bad look no matter how you spin it.

Yep. Absolutely right. We have (or should have) a "peer group" in conference that we are at least 50/50 from year to year - BC, Pitt, Wake, Duke, NC State (good athletes, though ...).
You have to build that base of teams who you are competitive with. Then after that, as the team improves, comes the time when there are teams you expect to beat every year. Like Pasqualoni never lost to Rutgers, Temple, and a few others - until suddenly he did, and it was like fire alarms going off.

you presented a nice argument Consigliere, now we wait and see!!
Still have to find a couple of receivers, no matter who the QB is. None of them come close to Ismael, or Phillips, even Estime was better then our best. And he was the 4th receiver his senior year.