Syracuse #8 Preseason by Lax Mag | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse #8 Preseason by Lax Mag

Why/How does Denver have a top-5 team? Please explain to someone who knows zero about lacrosse.

Lowest I think we've been pre-ranked in a loooooonggggg time.

Why/How does Denver have a top-5 team? Please explain to someone who knows zero about lacrosse.

Denver made the final four last year. They return most of their offense, including 2nd team AA attackman Mark Mathews. As Orange79 says Tierney is their coach.

On the otherhand, Denver lost most of their defensive starters, although they return their goalie.

A team like Denver catches peoples attention as something new and exciting - much as Stony Brook did in last spring's preseason poll (preseason #4).

I tend to favor putting Syracuse and Maryland ahead of Denver. While Syracuse and Maryland lost a lot to graduation, they also tend to have a lot of talent on their benches that have been waiting their turn.

Good. Maybe playing with a chip on their shoulders will help them.

Good. Maybe playing with a chip on their shoulders will help them.
Exactly... We haven't gotten it done the last two years when we've been ranked in the top 2 to begin the year. That said, we held that ranking up until our two upset defeats in the playoffs. I really think this years team needs to play as the underdog. The entitlement garnered through two national championships graduated last year. Very few players on this roster, save Kevin Drew, has even tasted April lacrosse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom