Syracuse-Colgate: TV/Radio information and kickoff time [ACCNetExtra / 7:00] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Colgate: TV/Radio information and kickoff time [ACCNetExtra / 7:00]

there is no difference in quality of your signal from 5-100mb your signal is your signal and HD takes no more than 5mb. until you get to 4k or 3d anything higher than 15mb only matters if you have 3-4 feeds going on and even then 15mb is plenty. the only ones who will notice is gamers.
...or those that don't have good routers or routers that are misplaced with too much distance to cover. There are a bunch of variables.

but the wireless routers are usually much faster than the download to begin with. i have 100 mb router and 1.5 mb dsl. hard to mess it up that bad below 5mb, but i guess i can be done, most people have the opposite thinking the jump from 10-20mb to 50-100mb is going to make a difference in what they see and its really just fluff for what they really need, now if they are streaming 4-5 feeds it makes a difference, but then they should use amazon as its far better at handling feeds than netflix

but the wireless routers are usually much faster than the download to begin with. i have 100 mb router and 1.5 mb dsl. hard to mess it up that bad below 5mb, but i guess i can be done, most people have the opposite thinking the jump from 10-20mb to 50-100mb is going to make a difference in what they see and its really just fluff for what they really need, now if they are streaming 4-5 feeds it makes a difference, but then they should use amazon as its far better at handling feeds than netflix
If you have a wireless router, distance form the device to the router also makes big difference.

I have a very expensive router and can watch my cell phone bar increase/decrease as I walk down the hallway. Basically, I need to change the location of my modem and router to somewhere more centralized.

I bought a Roku the other day and I'm very excited about it. No longer will I have to watch SU vs. Canisius in November on my iPad like a common hobo.
Have you set it up yet? Hope it works out for you. I love mine.

I bought a Roku the other day and I'm very excited about it. No longer will I have to watch SU vs. Canisius in November on my iPad like a common hobo.

I finally gave in and bought a Roku stick today just so I can watch all the SU Olympic and Womens' sports on the ACCXN and the occasional football/basketball game that I can't get on DirecTV. I'm watching the WSOC game now...I only hope the MSOC is a better quality feed tonight.

I finally gave in and bought a Roku stick today just so I can watch all the SU Olympic and Womens' sports on the ACCXN and the occasional football/basketball game that I can't get on DirecTV. I'm watching the WSOC game now...I only hope the MSOC is a better quality feed tonight.
Quality wise? Is it poor production or poor video quality?

I would say both. Seems to be only one camera covering the entire field. It must be up near the press box and you can only hear the two announcers... not much of the yelling of the ladies on the field. It's a little like watching paint dry.

Quality wise? Is it poor production or poor video quality?
So I flipped around and looked at some other games. WSOC VT vs Ohio St looked like a real game production. Closeups, multiple cameras, shots of the fans and commercials. You could hear the fans, not just the constant drone of the announceres and it was on ACCXN at VT. Our game looked like a HS production.

I took a peek at the men's game. Video feed was fine.
Production was as CuseLegacy stated. Lots of room for improvement.
Will probably require a production space to handle soccer & field hockey.

Put a mobile camera on each side for some occasional close up shots, coverage of corners, etc.. Heck, put a (robot) camera on the hill.

I wonder if ESPN would be game for some ice hockey action as well. Put a few cameras in Tennity and give it a go... assuming that TWC doesn't own those rights as well. BC and ND might be able to provide content as well (not familiar their contract situations).

I took a peek at the men's game. Video feed was fine.
Production was as CuseLegacy stated. Lots of room for improvement.
Will probably require a production space to handle soccer & field hockey.

Put a mobile camera on each side for some occasional close up shots, coverage of corners, etc.. Heck, put a (robot) camera on the hill.

I wonder if ESPN would be game for some ice hockey action as well. Put a few cameras in Tennity and give it a go... assuming that TWC doesn't own those rights as well. BC and ND might be able to provide content as well (not familiar their contract situations).
I watched the highlights of the men's game this morning by CuseTv and the quality was 100% better than the game coverage done by TWC.

Side note: I changed the position of my router to closer to my TV and ran Ethernet cable to the appleTV, PlayStation, etc. and all of my streaming got 100% better and more reliable. Better quality than cable through the cable box.

Wiring sucks, but it was worth it. $25 in cat6 Ethernet cable.

espn3.png
For your viewing pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not finding acc network extra on watch ESPN app! Help!

Not on local TV? Damn.

Syracuse vs Colgate
Friday, September 2, 2016 | 7:00 pm

No local TV scheduled.

You can watch online through ACC Network Extra, a dedicated live-events digital network available to authenticated subscribers of ESPN3 available on WatchESPN and the ESPN app. Doug Sherman & Matt Chatham with the call.

Colgate vs. Syracuse (Football)

You can also listen to the game on the Syracuse IMG Network and its flagship station, TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM). The game will be aired on Sirius XM satellite radio (193 SiriusXM), and live audio of the game will be streamed on Cuse.com.

How to find ACC Network Extra (Watch league games online)

CrHT8nOWIAE5bK6.jpg
Thanks OE! For some Bright House pulled our ESPN Extra Channels today. Called cable company and said I should have them. I almost said, well if I had them why would I be calling you..smh. After 10-15 minutes of trying to reset it, still nothing. Have to send out someone tomorrow late afternoon to set what is wrong so looks like I'm doing the online thing but better than nothing.

I found the game on the Upcoming list, but it is after 7:00 and it's not on Live Now.

Done with espn this is a joke can watch d3 teams but can't watch SU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom