Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, and get this. Dr Tucker said that if Steven were to begin taking xarelto again, he might be able to play next year.

Then, why not have the option to take it?

I most definitely wanna know the coaching staffs reaction to this news. I hope dino is making a big rumbling about this and has a couple other opinions vs this guys buddy. Im not a medical student but im feeling like im seeing a little bias here. This is not good fer everyone all around

Yea but i want to see them fight for an appeal on stevens behalf and have a couple more opinions.

Then, why not have the option to take it?
Thing is, SU folk took him OFF the Xarelto not too long after the spring game. Now, Tucker said this evening that if Steven were to go back on it, he might be able to play next year. If the clot was still there, why the hell did they take him off the Xarelto in the first place?

Because blood thinners can cause internal bleeding and there are lawsuits against xarelto. At least that would be my reasons not to take it.

Yes, i get that, but when you have active clots, blood thinners should be welcomed. I have had a problem with our med staff and quick hooks on concussions over the past 5 years. Was under the assumption we have new medical staff making these decisions???

Thing is, SU folk took him OFF the Xarelto not too long after the spring game. Now, Tucker said this evening that if Steven were to go back on it, he might be able to play next year. If the clot was still there, why the hell did they take him off the Xarelto in the first place?

Agree bcubs!!! 100%%%

Yes, i get that, but when you have active clots, blood thinners should be welcomed. I have had a problem with our med staff and quick hooks on concussions over the past 5 years. Was under the assumption we have new medical staff making these decisions???
Nope. Same staff. And, when there are active clots, of course the prudent thing to do is to continue treatment with a thinner. So, if it's prudent to take a thinner when a clot was present, why'd they take Steven off the Xarelto shortly after the spring game?

Guessing that it may involve last year and a certain QB
That's what I figured, but Steve has said it wasn't concussions. Now I'm more upset about it. Steve I am sorry and frustrated for you and Steven. I hope you can find an avenue where he can stay and play, but unfortunately I feel the bigger the hell raised publicly, the less likely. There is no way the CYA mindset allows it to appear they caved to pressure and put Steven at risk for the sake of wins, as disappointing as that is.

Agree bcubs!!! 100%%%

And administrators! This thread should be communicated to the football staff
Not sure how much the staff understands situations like this. They need to understand their own medical staff and IF their staff is practicing COVER YOUR ASS MEDICINE, which is what i have claimed for years at SU. are we ready to employ some open-minded thinking?????

Not sure how much the staff understands situations like this. They need to understand their own medical staff and IF their staff is practicing COVER YOUR ASS MEDICINE, which is what i have claimed for years at SU. are we ready to employ some open-minded thinking?????

Reading the board in this thread and others. I think it's safe to say the staff is aware of an issue with the medical staff.

Coaches pay attention to the board. They're a good bunch of men. No issues with them, at all. Hope they're able to pull something out of their collective asses. Would be a miracle, though.

You don't think they read this forum?

Steve, I was so excited that Steven chose to come to Syracuse and that excitement has never diminished. He's been one of my favorite recruits and players over the past several years. Best wishes to both of you, no matter what path you take. I really hope it's still possible for it to work out with SU, but fear that decision has been made by SU, with only limited input. I hope good options present themselves...

That's what I figured, but Steve has said it wasn't concussions. Now I'm more upset about it. Steve I am sorry and frustrated for you and Steven. I hope you can find an avenue where he can stay and play, but unfortunately I feel the bigger the hell raised publicly, the less likely. There is no way the CYA mindset allows it to appear they caved to pressure and put Steven at risk for the sake of wins, as disappointing as that is.
Agreed. and thanks. I'm being vocal about this so that, in the future, some other player in a similar circumstance doesn't get hosed by SU med staff.

Anything can be appealed to the Chancelor. He's the big boss. Everyone works for him. Perhaps the Athletic Director could process appeal to Chancelor. What is appealed is that the great preponderance of expert opinions are in contrast to SU physicians decision. Meanwhile, the Chancelor could review the whole DQ process.
I'm just searching for options for you.

Anything can be appealed to the Chancelor. He's the big boss. Everyone works for him. Perhaps the Athletic Director could process appeal to Chancelor. What is appealed is that the great preponderance of expert opinions are in contrast to SU physicians decision. Meanwhile, the Chancelor could review the whole DQ process.
I'm just searching for options for you.
Thanks! Greatly appreciated. As of now, Steven has a meeting sometime tomorrow with Coach Babers. Not sure when, and not sure, exactly, what about.

Status
Not open for further replies.