Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football defensive tackle Steven Clark's career put in jeopardy by blood clots

Status
Not open for further replies.
All in good humor here... he joined 2 days before you.
That said, I agree with your post.
19.000 messages to 300+ there have been a number of boards this board finally became

19.000 messages to 300+ there have been a number of boards this board finally became
I believe that I have been a member of all the boards since it began.

Some of us, arguably a minority, say something when they feel it should be said, thereby offering their opinion on what seems to be an important issue. Others run their mouth incessantly and seem to have an opinion, even on opinions! I shall list you there also.

If anyone has anything to add on Steven's situation, please feel free. If you want to have arguments about who can post what based on how many posts they have, please take it elsewhere. IMO, it's disrespectful to Steven and his family. This isn't "Oh, Steven got a new t-shirt". This is real life.

Thank you.

I believe that I have been a member of all the boards since it began.

Some of us, arguably a minority, say something when they feel it should be said, thereby offering their opinion on what seems to be an important issue. Others run their mouth incessantly and seem to have an opinion, even on opinions! I shall list you there also.
lol

I've known for a long, long time that I can't be helped. And I saw your post that it wasn't an attack on chakka, so I knew that as well. I was merely adding an aside to say that the intent of your post wasn't completely clear to some of us. That's all.
But, enough with this hijack. I feel terrible for the Clarks and I wish them all the best and I will be interested to see how this all works out for them.
I also hope this leads to some protocol changes with the SU AD.
Its time for Syracuse University to move into the 21st century in Sports Medicine, and give Dr Tucker, and his associates their walking papers. Hire people whose field is actually keeping players in all sports safe, and healthy.

I hope he goes somewhere where he can play immediately and absolutely dominates, comes back to SU for Pro Day and crushes it, swings by dr Tucker's house and takes a dump on his car windshield - then gets drafted and has a great career.
or he gets his degree and begins a career he wants outside of football and takes the aforementioned dump

We can all agree the aforementioned dump is the key
Hope he redshirts this year, gets his degree, and plays the following year at SU as an all ACC defensive lineman.

Hope he redshirts this year, gets his degree, and plays the following year at SU as an all ACC defensive lineman.
I think a medical redshirt has already been ruled out.

Okay, here's the deal. Steven has decided to change his field of study. No longer wants go be a PT, but rather be a PA. In order to make this happen, he needs a few extra classes (organic and bio chem) under his belt to ensure he has the prerequisites to get into a graduate PA program. If SU allows Steven to remain with the team in some capacity (as an assistant of some sort), he will be able to get that done during the remaining summer sessions. If he's not allowed to remain with the team, then summer school at SU is NOT an option. That means he'd have to come back home during the summer and pick up those classes here. Also, if summer school at SU isn't available, then the prospect of transferring becomes more probable.

The coaching staff has no problem with Steven remaining with the team as "something" (whatever that is). I suppose it's up to SU administration to say "yea" or "nay".

Okay, here's the deal. Steven has decided to change his field of study. No longer wants go be a PT, but rather be a PA. In order to make this happen, he needs a few extra classes (organic and bio chem) under his belt to ensure he has the prerequisites to get into a graduate PA program. If SU allows Steven to remain with the team in some capacity (as an assistant of some sort), he will be able to get that done during the remaining summer sessions. If he's not allowed to remain with the team, then summer school at SU is NOT an option. That means he'd have to come back home during the summer and pick up those classes here. Also, if summer school at SU isn't available, then the prospect of transferring becomes more probable.

The coaching staff has no problem with Steven remaining with the team as "something" (whatever that is). I suppose it's up to SU administration to say "yea" or "nay".

Best of luck -- how ever things work out, I hope things go favorably for Steven so that he can continue to get school paid for.

If the administration doesn't allow your son to remain. They are beyond classless and deserve to have alumni hold them accountable.
Graduate and get out.

If the administration doesn't allow your son to remain. They are beyond classless and deserve to have alumni hold them accountable.
Graduate and get out.

Why are you getting so riled about a hypothetical scenario?

Dozens of posts throughout this thread show a bizarre and disappointing level of contempt for a university that everyone on this board allegedly supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.