Syracuse football: How to follow SU players and coaches on Twitter (PS) | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football: How to follow SU players and coaches on Twitter (PS)

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse, N.Y. -- With training camp right around the corner, syracuse.com compiled the Twitter accounts for Orange players and coaches active on social media.

Some accounts are protected, meaning if you want to follow the person, they will have to accept your request.

We'll do our best to keep this updated through the season. Please let us know if we're missing anyone in the comments section.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2014/07/syracuse_football_players_twitter_list.html

Have fun stalking college students everyone!
#CusetwitterArmy

I call that #Pathetic. Some posters here even stalk (Ok thats a little harsh) these kids on twitter...ridiculous.

Wasn't there a PS article just a few weeks ago about how fan interaction with recruits was weird? Now they are writing articles with everyone's twitter handle? Kind of contradictory no?

Fine post the coaches twitter accounts... they are using Twitter to send out "messages" to the fans and recruits.. but the players twitter should not be advertised for every idiot. I follow the recruits/prospects on Twitter for info for the recruiting forum but once these kids get on campus I believe they all deserve some privacy.

Some of you may not realize but there is an active twitter feed on the site that allows members to follow verbal commits on twitter. Just yesterday, before I saw this article, I asked that those twitter accounts for the 2014 class be deactivated from the feed as they are now on campus. I realize that the players are tweeting things out to the world but honestly I did my share of stupid things at SU... I don't need to know what dumb things they are doing and neither does anyone else that is not one of their bffs. I hope that the Coaches cut the PS staff off again for this stupidity.

I don't care about "privacy" so much... It's social media, people put stuff out there, that's the world we live in.

I'm more concerned about adults who may be 15, 20, 30, 40 years older than these players wanting to follow their every random thought on Twitter. I mean, you shouldn't want to.

I don't care about "privacy" so much... It's social media, people put stuff out there, that's the world we live in.

I'm more concerned about adults who may be 15, 20, 30, 40 years older than these players wanting to follow their every random thought on Twitter. I mean, you shouldn't want to.

For me it's more than that.. it's protecting these kids from the crazies who tweet nasty, vicious things at them. I can imagine the foul tweets some of these supposed "fans" will tweet to some of these players when they don't perform up to their expectations... all you have to do is read the commentary on the PS. It's sad what happens on Twitter when a kid changes his mind and decommits. No child deserves to be bullied and threatened. I wish the coaches would have all the players protect their accounts.

I don't see the problem with following them for football information? I mean isn't that the point of social media? By the time you are 18-23 you aren't really kids anymore, you are young adults. You can die for your country, but you people in their 20's, 30's or 40's shouldn't follow them if they are representing your University? When they are talking with friends, or saying what their doing that evening, I don't pay attention. But if I see posts with them running their 40's, or posting their 40 times I don't see what the big problem with that is, considering it's social media and all that.

I don't see the problem with following them for football information? I mean isn't that the point of social media? By the time you are 18-23 you aren't really kids anymore, you are young adults. You can die for your country, but you people in their 20's, 30's or 40's shouldn't follow them if they are representing your University? When they are talking with friends, or saying what their doing that evening, I don't pay attention. But if I see posts with them running their 40's, or posting their 40 times I don't see what the big problem with that is, considering it's social media and all that.

The difference is that you know where to draw the line between "football" posts, and "personal" posts.

You know as well as I do that 18-22 year olds have bad days ... and that bad days can lead to interesting tweets.

Next thing you know, the SU Fan Paranoia Machine is running at full throttle, and the rumors will be flying about a player either flunking or transferring.

The difference is that you know where to draw the line between "football" posts, and "personal" posts.

You know as well as I do that 18-22 year olds have bad days ... and that bad days can lead to interesting tweets.

Next thing you know, the SU Fan Paranoia Machine is running at full throttle, and the rumors will be flying about a player either flunking or transferring.

I know what you are saying. I cringe when I see people jumping in mid conversation when players are just associating with teammates or friends. That's just where you hope people have common sense. For the most part there only seems to be 2 fans who act like they are best friends with the guys, and conversation hop repeatedly. 99% of the other people seem to have the common sense to be a normal human beings.

Yeah, I'm saying you can get news from lots of other places than the Twitter account of a college student.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. I just find it creepy.

Your mileage may vary.

I admit when I first joined Facebook a few years ago, I friended a few of the players. That lasted for about week. Nobody posted anything crazy but it occurred me that I was a guy in my 30s basically stalking college guys I didn't even know other than cheering for them on tv. The only one I keeped as a friend was Rob Long - because we could all learn a lot from Rob Long.

I know what you are saying. I cringe when I see people jumping in mid conversation when players are just associating with teammates or friends. That's just where you hope people have common sense. For the most part there only seems to be 2 fans who act like they are best friends with the guys, and conversation hop repeatedly. 99% of the other people seem to have the common sense to be a normal human beings.
There are some people on this board that tend to chip in on a lot of conversations and it's downright weird, especially some of the stuff these people say. Dan Tortora does this a lot as well.

Remember when USC put their players' Twitter handles in the media guide? It's the way things are now.

Remember when USC put their players' Twitter handles in the media guide? It's the way things are now.

Yes I remember but I guess I draw a distinction with a University making that available to the public as at least in that situation they hopefully forewarned the players of their intentions. That would at least give the players the opportunity to protect their accounts prior to publication.

Shy and I talk all the time about social media what he posts and what he sees. I have no problem with people saying stuff to him or him posting what he wants. We discuss that what he says can be misinterpreted and could affect his future. He will see negative things when he messes up but no different from media covering him. This is the world we live in and this is more their thing than people in their 30's or older. They know what is coming at them and can delete an account if they can't handle the scrutiny. Just preparing them for real life as far as this family is concerned.