Syracuse Football is my vice... | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football is my vice...

Rocco

Watching you.
Before I begin, I know many currently on here are overly frustrated with SU Football since 2001, and many others have simply thrown in the towel. There is no shortage of reasons why, either. I am one of the ones who continues to pour their energy and excitement into this program, only to be continuously let down. Time and time again, like clockwork.

After watching that game on Sat, it felt different. The defense played incredibly well, the offense made the plays they needed to and Dungey was incredible. The kid had to be SPENT after all of the scrambling he did. That win over VT was special for sure, but we need to win this weekend to keep the momentum going. It will all be for not if we fall flat and head to 3-5. Take care of business this weekend, get to 4-4 headed into a bye week before our showdown in Clemson on 11/5. I get chills thinking about it.

The Babers' locker room speech is the video seen 'round the world. I have watched it countless times as have most of you I'm sure. That was the single most motivating and reenergizing thing I've ever seen come out of Syracuse Football. I'm not kidding. The timing could not have been better either. The fanbase was moaning and groaning over what looked like yet another failed attempt at resurrecting the program, albeit in its 1st year under Babers, and football attendance was abysmal. As a recruiting tool, there is simply nothing more powerful than that, besides maybe a bag of money in the SEC, but you get the point. DeVito and several other recruits got to see it LIVE. As a fellow diehard fan, nothing could've been better. Babers is our guy IMHO.

Now, let's be realistic, our schedule to close out the year is brutal. It starts with BC. We absolutely need to win this game if we want to sniff a bowl game. Get to 4-4 headed into a much-needed bye week. Get the dinged up guys some rest and continue preparing for Clemson. Keep working on the finer details and anything could happen in SC when we're going to be massive underdogs. Then we get NC State and FSU after that in "OUR HOUSE" and we close out with a road game in Pitt. A gauntlet to say the least. Babers and the boys love the challenge ahead, don't kid yourself. They want to prove all of the naysayers wrong.

They don't know about the Kumbaya meetings... It's not their fault, it's not their fault!

LGO! #BeatBC

And just to fire you up again:

Exactly!! I was just talking with my buddy at work...this just became a huge game! 4-4 with some mo going into the bye! I love it!

And...last week was a time in my life I needed some good news and from out of no where it was Cuse football providing it!

Before I begin, I know many currently on here are overly frustrated with SU Football since 2001, and many others have simply thrown in the towel. There is no shortage of reasons why, either. I am one of the ones who continues to pour their energy and excitement into this program, only to be continuously let down. Time and time again, like clockwork.

After watching that game on Sat, it felt different. The defense played incredibly well, the offense made the plays they needed to and Dungey was incredible. The kid had to be SPENT after all of the scrambling he did. That win over VT was special for sure, but we need to win this weekend to keep the momentum going. It will all be for not if we fall flat and head to 3-5. Take care of business this weekend, get to 4-4 headed into a bye week before our showdown in Clemson on 11/5. I get chills thinking about it.

The Babers' locker room speech is the video seen 'round the world. I have watched it countless times as have most of you I'm sure. That was the single most motivating and reenergizing thing I've ever seen come out of Syracuse Football. I'm not kidding. The timing could not have been better either. The fanbase was moaning and groaning over what looked like yet another failed attempt at resurrecting the program, albeit in its 1st year under Babers, and football attendance was abysmal. As a recruiting tool, there is simply nothing more powerful than that, besides maybe a bag of money in the SEC, but you get the point. DeVito and several other recruits got to see it LIVE. As a fellow diehard fan, nothing could've been better. Babers is our guy IMHO.

Now, let's be realistic, our schedule to close out the year is brutal. It starts with BC. We absolutely need to win this game if we want to sniff a bowl game. Get to 4-4 headed into a much-needed bye week. Get the dinged up guys some rest and continue preparing for Clemson. Keep working on the finer details and anything could happen in SC when we're going to be massive underdogs. Then we get NC State and FSU after that in "OUR HOUSE" and we close out with a road game in Pitt. A gauntlet to say the least. Babers and the boys love the challenge ahead, don't kid yourself. They want to prove all of the naysayers wrong.

They don't know about the Kumbaya meetings... It's not their fault, it's not their fault!

LGO! #BeatBC

I'm not predicting 2012 all over again, but if they win this week and get by Clemson without losing key people I really can see 3-0/2-1 to close the year.

FSU is as gettable as they are going to be this year, NC St is here as well, and Pitt's record is better than they are playing in some ways, but the weather could be anything for that game.

The defense has given up a ton of 10+ yd plays this year, but for all the long plays we have seen, 45% of plays 30yds or longer were in the Lville game. And SU has been able to get long plays on offense against everybody but a hurricane this year.

I'm not predicting 2012 all over again, but if they win this week and get by Clemson without losing key people I really can see 3-0/2-1 to close the year.

FSU is as gettable as they are going to be this year, NC St is here as well, and Pitt's record is better than they are playing in some ways, but the weather could be anything for that game.

The defense has given up a ton of 10+ yd plays this year, but for all the long plays we have seen, 45% of plays 30yds or longer were in the Lville game. And SU has been able to get long plays on offense against everybody but a hurricane this year.

yup. Pitt is a running team with a non-running QB and they've only passed for 1250 yards. Might play into our strengths.

LGO! #BeatBC

I really love this a lot. Great post.

just getting to the Pitt game to have it mean something would be huge. if we beat BC then even winning the 5th game might mean a bowl. we have to get to 4..

Is that GA Macky McPherson in the Orange baseball cap to the right of Coach Babers? So awesome...

Is that GA Macky McPherson in the Orange baseball cap to the right of Coach Babers? So awesome...

Yes it is. He is a locker room favorite. Babers and the rest of the staff love his character and passion for this program.

just getting to the Pitt game to have it mean something would be huge. if we beat BC then even winning the 5th game might mean a bowl. we have to get to 4..

You can make a bowl game with 5 wins now?

Love that video, but man it'll be cool for those guys when they can get a modern locker room where coach can be in the middle of an open room and guys don't have to feel like they're in the cheap seats.

My rough glance at APR scores of teams we would have to hope dont get to 5 wins. there were 3-5 last year who got in. about 15 of these are already locks. Im not sure they are all FBS schools on this list.

duke
NW
Wisc
Vandy
Army
Richmond
N Texas
clemson
Stanford
UCF
Utah
Auburn
Boise
Navy
UL
BC
Nebraska
Indiana
Alabama
Florida
MSU
Missouri
Utah St
maryland
kansas state
ND
Middle tenn
rice
toledo
virg
wash
SU

That win over VT was special for sure, but we need to win this weekend to keep the momentum going. It will all be for not if we fall flat and head to 3-5. Take care of business this weekend, get to 4-4 headed into a bye week before our showdown in Clemson on 11/5. I get chills thinking about it.

LGO! #BeatBC

Elated bump... 4-4

LGO! #BeatBC

Amen bro. What was amazing being there today was seeing a team overcome so much adversity on the way to the w. Post game you would have loved it and hopefully I can figure how to get my cell phone videos of it all on here. Long story short the whole team came over to us in the corner where all of us were and celebrated the victory with us. When they stopped and prayed for a quiet moment, when they were about done someone from the crowd yelled "it's not their fault they didn't know", which coincided perfectly with them finishing the prayer.

At that point Barbers then stood up pointed at the Cuse fan saying what did you say, and he repeated it "they ddn't know" followed by Babers yelling to all of us "who's house", to what we all yelled in unison along with all the players "our house", followed by about 5 more chants of the same back and forth. So crucial to keep it all going. And kick a$$ time post game at the city side tavern with Cuseguy and Cusebarney and a ton of Cuse fans celebrating the victory.

What a great day and night here in Boston!

Last edited:
Amen bro. What was amazing being there today was seeing a team overcome so much adversity on the way to the w. Post game you would have loved it and hopefully I can figure how to get my cell phone videos of it all on here. Long story short the whole team came over to us in the corner where all of us were and celebrated the victory with us. When they stopped and prayed for a quiet moment, when they were about done someone from the crowd yelled "it's not their fault they didn't know", which coincided perfectly with them finishing the prayer.

At that point Barbers then stood up pointed at the Cuse fan saying what did you say, and he repeated it "they ddn't know" followed by Babers yelling to all of us "who's house", to what we all yelled in unison along with all the players "our house", followed by about 5 more chants of the same back and forth. So crucial to keep it all going. And kick a$$ time post game at the city side tavern with Cuseguy and Cusebarney and a ton of Cuse fans celebrating the victory.

That is awesome, Mike. Please get those videos on here!

Wish I had been there.

Yes, we need those videos!!!
Hey can anyone help a technologically challenged brother out to get a couple iPhone 7 vids on here? Cusebarney or Cuseguy I sent those to you two if you're better able than me with this stuff plz get them on here if you know how to do it. Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom