Syracuse Football Military Pass | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Football Military Pass

Awesome stuff. These men and women are absolutely deserving of this deal and it's a nice way to help fill up the Dome.

When we're 3-0 headed into LSU, my guess is that we come as close as we have to selling out in years.

you lawyer types always kills me when it comes to the fine print...who reads that stuff;)

Texanmark and northacuse will love that last sentence

Great idea, just wish I had more information about how it works. Anybody got a link that works? (Tried one listed in an earlier post but it lead to Planet Nowhere.)

10 minutes later: I tried to register as outlined in the cuse.com link but was unsuccessful. Probably better luck with current active duty service members or recent retirees. Old fart like myself was hoping to nab free or cheap tickets to pass out to deserving individuals. :(

10 minutes later: 2nd attempt to register, this time successfully. Put my order in for freebie tickets. Assume it was successful, but received this message:

Syracuse Athletics Military Order Confirmation
Thank you for the order you recently placed for tickets to the following home football game: LSU - Saturday, September 26th .
Tickets: Both guests must arrive together at Gate B inside the Carrier Dome with photo ID. Check-in will be to your left two hours prior to kickoff.
Parking: Parking is available on game day at the Skytop Lot for $15 and includes a Shuttle to and from College Place. The shuttles will start running 2.5 hours before kickoff. For GPS directions please use: 600 Skytop Road, Syracuse NY 13210.

Still don't understand the part of "Both guests must arrive... with photo ID". Would appreciate some clarification from someone who knows how this program works...

Last edited:
Great idea, just wish I had more information about how it works. Anybody got a link that works? (Tried one listed in an earlier post but it lead to Planet Nowhere.)

10 minutes later: I tried to register as outlined in the cuse.com link but was unsuccessful. Probably better luck with current active duty service members or recent retirees. Old fart like myself was hoping to nab free or cheap tickets to pass out to deserving individuals. :(

10 minutes later: 2nd attempt to register, this time successfully. Put my order in for freebie tickets. Assume it was successful, but received this message:

Thank you for the order you recently placed for tickets to the following home football game: LSU - Saturday, September 26th .
Tickets: Both guests must arrive together at Gate B inside the Carrier Dome with photo ID. Check-in will be to your left two hours prior to kickoff.
Parking: Parking is available on game day at the Skytop Lot for $15 and includes a Shuttle to and from College Place. The shuttles will start running 2.5 hours before kickoff. For GPS directions please use: 600 Skytop Road, Syracuse NY 13210.

Still don't understand the part of "Both guests must arrive... with photo ID". Would appreciate some clarification from someone who knows how this program works...
Had a similar experience. Pain in the behind trying to get registered. Took me three tries. Finally got to the point of picking the game and got the exact same message (same game requested) as you did. Guess that means we have to show up together to get the tickets :bat:

Last edited:
Had a similar experience. Pain in the behind trying to get registered. Took me three tries. Finally got to the point of picking the game and got the exact same message (same game requested) as you did. Guess that means we have to show up together to get the tickets :bat:

Calling Dan Bartlett... Come in Dan Bartlett... Over...

I've picked up similar tickets before. Basically you need the ID of whoever ordered the tickets. The pickup is inside the gate, not exactly will-call, so you cannot go back outside after picking up your passes. That's why both guests must arrive at the same time.

I've picked up similar tickets before. Basically you need the ID of whoever ordered the tickets. The pickup is inside the gate, not exactly will-call, so you cannot go back outside after picking up your passes. That's why both guests must arrive at the same time.

But why do they say that the guests have to have ID?
I also ordered tics for the LSU game because I knew they would probably the most sought after. Just because I received an acknowledgement of having received my request, does this mean my tickets are confirmed? And lastly, will the 2 tics I requested be adjacent or will they be 50+ yards apart? Sure, I know these are freebies, but it seems there could have been a bit more clarification.

Sign me off as: Still Confused.

But why do they say that the guests have to have ID?
I also ordered tics for the LSU game because I knew they would probably the most sought after. Just because I received an acknowledgement of having received my request, does this mean my tickets are confirmed? And lastly, will the 2 tics I requested be adjacent or will they be 50+ yards apart? Sure, I know these are freebies, but it seems there could have been a bit more clarification.

Sign me off as: Still Confused.

It doesn't say guests must have ID. It's just poorly worded. It means that when the person who ordered the tickets arrives, they must have their ID to claim the passes, and that once they're claimed everyone in the party must be there to get inside.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that since your order went through, you have the passes reserved under your name and that they'll be together.

It doesn't say guests must have ID. It's just poorly worded. It means that when the person who ordered the tickets arrives, they must have their ID to claim the passes, and that once they're claimed everyone in the party must be there to get inside.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that since your order went through, you have the passes reserved under your name and that they'll be together.

I hear what you are saying, but I am somewhat of a Doubting Thomas. I will probably PM our buddy Dan Bartlett for clarification. I hope to keep all posted.

Hello guys...

Okay so obviously if you can get in to get tickets - you are verified military - thank you for your service!

Clearing up the wording here -- in order to receive the freebies you are put on a list "Tom Smith claimed 2 LSU tickets" - obviously Tom Smith did this with verified military ID.

So the ---- Both guests must arrive together at Gate B inside the Carrier Dome with photo ID. Check-in will be to your left two hours prior to kickoff. ---- We need both people to present a photo ID to claim the ticket. Meaning Tom Smith cant show his ID - get the two tickets - head out of the arena and sell his two tickets to two randoms on the street. Both guests MUST be together upon entrance, show their license or photo ID and enjoy the game!

Hello guys...

Okay so obviously if you can get in to get tickets - you are verified military - thank you for your service!

Clearing up the wording here -- in order to receive the freebies you are put on a list "Tom Smith claimed 2 LSU tickets" - obviously Tom Smith did this with verified military ID.

So the ---- Both guests must arrive together at Gate B inside the Carrier Dome with photo ID. Check-in will be to your left two hours prior to kickoff. ---- We need both people to present a photo ID to claim the ticket. Meaning Tom Smith cant show his ID - get the two tickets - head out of the arena and sell his two tickets to two randoms on the street. Both guests MUST be together upon entrance, show their license or photo ID and enjoy the game!

Thank you again, Dan! You always come through for us. Hope some of the higher pay-grade guys in your organization read some of the posts here and know how much you are appreciated.

Now, after patiently explaining the nuances of the mysterious two ID (really three), can you explain how military ID holders can obtain up to 4 $10 tickets as insufficiently described on the Syracuse Athletics webpage? Will this be available for all games or a select few?

After reading Dan's reply above, I'm glad to see that you were just as confused as I was. Misery loves company!;)

Thank you again, Dan! You always come through for us. Hope some of the higher pay-grade guys in your organization read some of the posts here and know how much you are appreciated.

Now, after patiently explaining the nuances of the mysterious two ID (really three), can you explain how military ID holders can obtain up to 4 $10 tickets as insufficiently described on the Syracuse Athletics webpage? Will this be available for all games or a select few?

Haha better to be right than mislead.

It's not that you have to show military ID at the door, you just need to be with your +1 so to speak, show IDs together, and claim the tickets.

For the 4, $10 tickets -- you can claim 2 freebies, and then day of game obtain 4 more for $10/ticket. That doesn't guarantee the 6 will be together - however the 2 will always be together, the 4 will always be together.

Bring a military ID or whatever proves you are a veteran (honestly that's not my area of expertise) and you can purchase up to 4 tickets but if you go to buy 4, all 4 people must be there. Or the same idea -- some guy comes up, gets 4 tickets, leaves, and sells the tickets -- no one wants that. Just make sure the whole party is there and there is no issue

Say you miss the deadline and you go the route of 4 tickets or up to 4 tickets for $10... those are first come first serve. LSU is going to be our biggest game so if you go the day-of-game route... get there early.

It is an awesome program but it is obviously subject to availability. I hope this clears everything up!

So... If I got an email confirmation that my request has been acknowledged (which it has) for the LSU game, does this mean my freebie tickets are guaranteed (as long as I show up with my military ID and the IDs of my two sponsorees)? I would hate to talk this up and bring people only to have somebody say. "Sorry, first come, first served."

A very confusing program--tell the higher-ups they could have done MUCH better. I will be more than glad than to discuss it with them if they truly care about a veteran's input.

You're still the best, Dan!

So... If I got an email confirmation that my request has been acknowledged (which it has) for the LSU game, does this mean my freebie tickets are guaranteed (as long as I show up with my military ID and the IDs of my two sponsorees)? I would hate to talk this up and bring people only to have somebody say. "Sorry, first come, first served."

A very confusing program--tell the higher-ups they could have done MUCH better. I will be more than glad than to discuss it with them if they truly care about a veteran's input.

You're still the best, Dan!

If you got an confirmation you should be all set. Just need to show up with the people and claim the tickets.

If you have any questions I'd call 315-443-2121 ext. 0 as they should know all the intricacies of the program