Syracuse football stock watch: Dino Babers' name won't soon leave coaching rumor mill | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse football stock watch: Dino Babers' name won't soon leave coaching rumor mill

Syracuse is a really unique school. Has a ton of football history, including a national championship - and very few notable traditions.

I’ve thought the “Whose house? Our house!” Cheer he started is really calculated - an effort to build a tradition at Syracuse. It’s the type of thing that strikes me as a guy having a long term plan. If Dino left for USC and won a championship, it’s expected and he’s just another in the line of coaches to do so. If he wins one at Syracuse, he’s virtually at Godlike status in CNY.

Hopefully we hear a lot of speculation about Dino to other schools over the next 2-3 years - because that would mean we’re winning and progressing as a program.

We dodged the bullets we needed to and only 1-2 jobs are going to open up each year that he'd consider.

Would be GREAT to put and and all discussions of Dino leaving along with attendance to pasture. Dino is only leaving for a blue blood which might not happen anytime soon, yes a FCS game in September will be half empty, yes Clemson will sell out and be packed, yes we are one of only programs trending upwards in terms of attendance, and yes we'll have nice 40kish crowds for most other ACC games.

Syracuse is a really unique school. Has a ton of football history, including a national championship - and very few notable traditions.

I’ve thought the “Whose house? Our house!” Cheer he started is really calculated - an effort to build a tradition at Syracuse. It’s the type of thing that strikes me as a guy having a long term plan. If Dino left for USC and won a championship, it’s expected and he’s just another in the line of coaches to do so. If he wins one at Syracuse, he’s virtually at Godlike status in CNY.

Hopefully we hear a lot of speculation about Dino to other schools over the next 2-3 years - because that would mean we’re winning and progressing as a program.

I’m pretty sure the whose house our house bit is not unique and is used by other schools. I know that Briles used to say that after every Baylor home win.

We have plenty of traditions:

We complain a lot
We can never have nice things
When we do have nice things, we worry about when we will lose them
We have a weekly uniform thread
When we're happy we wonder when the other shoe is gonna drop

I am sure there are more, feel free to add to this list...

We complain a lot

Key jingling

We complain a lot

Let’s not forget the perhaps the greatest tradition the Rutgers Dumpster thread

To me the jobs that concern me are UCLA/USC. I get the feeling those would be appealing. I think the window is 2 more years and then Dino becomes a 60 year old type similar to Beamer where teams respect him but are not going to invest in him to lead team.

We complain a lot

Raking leaves on a beautiful fall afternoon.

To me the jobs that concern me are UCLA/USC. I get the feeling those would be appealing. I think the window is 2 more years and then Dino becomes a 60 year old type similar to Beamer where teams respect him but are not going to invest in him to lead team.

No rational person would go to UCLA; their fans are insane.

I’m pretty sure the whose house our house bit is not unique and is used by other schools. I know that Briles used to say that after every Baylor home win.

Virtually nothing is truly unique, Penn State’s “We Are” cheer and Florida’s “It’s Great To BE A Florida Gator” are used by other schools, too.

Context in this case matters. The first time I heard it was after we beat VT...and it was on ESPN. And after any big win, ESPN shows it. That looks to me like a branding attempt, which is maybe a Wildhack/Babers team effort. Babers taking a cheer from Baylor, Wildhack using media connections to “link” it to Syracuse.

They are too many schools with access to tens of millions of dollars of booster money.
If it ever becomes about getting a better paycheck, Dino is going to have several opportunities every dam year.

I see him staying here for several years but that's an uneducated guess.

Way back in 1996 SU was signing Cuse is in the house...