Syracuse lands 6 star recruit | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse lands 6 star recruit

I mean, hopefully this helps spur some population growth in the area as well, and we see some increase in quality of prospects in the region.

Pickle ball is a thing. E sports. We got this
If you subscribe to obscure sports quarterly or watch ESPN 8 the ocho then you’re in the know!

watched a whole group play pickle ball last weekend at the park.. it looked like a game designed by people who had broken whiffle ball bats and tennis rackets but still wanted to hit something over a broken volleyball net..
I played tennis in high school and college. My family keeps telling me I should play pickleball. I refuse. I can still play tennis, why would I want to play THAT?

I guess if paper flick fball is considered the same as kicking field goals this counts .

It might be a step up from indoor nerf volleyball.

all I could tell is that the people playing it , looked like they had never hit a tennis ball in their life and suddenly decided this is the sport they had been waiting for.

I played tennis in high school and college. My family keeps telling me I should play pickleball. I refuse. I can still play tennis, why would I want to play THAT?
I fought it but it’s kinda fun

I mean, hopefully this helps spur some population growth in the area as well, and we see some increase in quality of prospects in the region.
Onondaga County per the 2020 census is the most populated it has ever been. With all the other aspects of environmental resources and relatively safe weather patterns, I believe our population will continue to expand.

I truly believe this is going to be great for the Syracuse area. However, I saw a bunch of promising stuff like this disappoint when the time came to put shovels to dirt during my time as a depressed land use attorney. Let’s hope this doesn’t go that way.

My father in law also played competitive tennis - full ride to a D1 school. Reality is after years of wear and tear his shoulder doesn't allow him to serve overhand anymore, so several years ago he switched to pickleball and loves it.

My father in law also played competitive tennis - full ride to a D1 school. Reality is after years of wear and tear his shoulder doesn't allow him to serve overhand anymore, so several years ago he switched to pickleball and loves it.
I get the natural transition. Personally, I’m just not there.

It's the tennis version of tai chi.

Your resident tennis pro here.

I have in to pickle ball this past summer and hate I waited so long. Granted, I’m a serve and volley player, so I love everything about pickle ball. I got lines drawn on my lake house tennis court in Sackets Harbor.

Give in and play!

I think Micron will have a positive effect on recruiting... just a question of how long until we see it.

I have a few friends who laughed at pickle ball at first who now love it. I have held out. Our town just got county $$$ to put in courts. It's 100% growing into a "thing" and I suspect it holds up over time.

Same situation. I have a family member who is heavily into it. Loves it. Says it’s great fun and very social.

I went away on a golf trip this summer and the three other guys have all started playing PB. So after our round on day 1 they dragged me to the courts. One of them is an excellent tennis player, and he gave me tips. I ran around too much, was constantly out of position. But it was fun. Played for about an hour and a half. I’m still not going to go out and play. But I can see why people like it. And I think the social aspect is a big part of it.

I think Micron will have a positive effect on recruiting... just a question of how long until we see it.

I have a few friends who laughed at pickle ball at first who now love it. I have held out. Our town just got county $$$ to put in courts. It's 100% growing into a "thing" and I suspect it holds up over time.
Baba Booey

I guess if paper flick fball is considered the same as kicking field goals this counts .

It might be a step up from indoor nerf volleyball.

all I could tell is that the people playing it , looked like they had never hit a tennis ball in their life and suddenly decided this is the sport they had been waiting for.
pickle ball is the fastest growing sport in the country, I kid you not. massive amount of tennis courts are being converted.

It's an approachable sport, you can have a drink in one hand, there's music, etc. is it a glorified wiffle ball / badminton / tennis combination? Of course. But who cares. Gets people outside. I'm all for it (I've never actually played it, though. I did tennis growing up too).

pickle ball is the fastest growing sport in the country, I kid you not. massive amount of tennis courts are being converted.

It's an approachable sport, you can have a drink in one hand, there's music, etc. is it a glorified wiffle ball / badminton / tennis combination? Of course. But who cares. Gets people outside. I'm all for it (I've never actually played it, though. I did tennis growing up too).
This location is just down the street from my apt and they have a ton of courts and it's always crowded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom