Syracuse listed as reason for lower attendance in MCBB | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse listed as reason for lower attendance in MCBB

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard

Scandals have tarnished marquee schools (Connecticut and Syracuse) while conference realignments have buried rich and storied rivalries (Kansas vs. Missouri).

Then there's Syracuse, one of this season's top seeds. The Orange have endured charges of sexual abuse against a former assistant and a report that the program repeatedly disregarded players' positive drug tests.

Ridiculous considering we are 2nd in the country in attendance. Someone write a letter to the writer.

The burrito line is twice as long as usual today ... %*#% DAMNIT SYRACUSE

Might as well blame global warming on us while your at it!
Well, the lack of snow in Syracuse has dramatically decreased the reflectivity of the earth's surface...

"Total attendance a year ago hit a five-year low despite an expanded field and one additional session."

Yet the scandals at Syracuse and UConn, that both hit this season, are to blame. Way to tie the "research" to the hypothesis, Einstein.

I blame the weak attendance figures on the economy because more people are raking their own leaves instead of attending college sporting events.

espn is the main reason for cbb taking a hit. whether it be the negative cuse stories or just the rise in nfl coverage 100fold in general they are at the root of it

if that was mentioned in article so be it, but i took a look and dont feel like reading it

I typed "Tampa Bay" into my smartphone and out comes "Syracuse"

When will the evil in Syracuse end?

Not only were we 2nd in attendance, but we had our highest home attendance average since 1994 (I believe) - but why would a news organization let facts get in the way of the argument they want to advance.

And that doesn't even consider the fact that our appearance at opponents' gyms resulted in the largest crowd of the season for many of them this year. And the BET session with our game was by far the best attended session of the tournament.

The other issue is that the NCAA keeps adding teams to D1. 325 D1 teams in '07 vs. 335 in '11. These are crap teams in crap conferences that no one gives a about, of course that's going to bring down the average. But yeah...it's Syracuse's fault that attendance is down.

LMAO is this writer serious? How about the entire Pac-12 now sucks, the entire ACC minus 2 teams sucks, and the entire SEC minus 1 team sucks. THAT is why attendance is down.

Other things Syracuse is responsible for:

1) The Japanese Tsunami and Fukushima Nuclear Disaster
2) Genital Warts (generally attributed to Bernie Fine via Bobby Davis)
3) Childhood Obesity
4) The 50 hour work-week
5) The Mortgage Crisis

Suppose they haven't looked at Syracuse road attendence numbers to see how badly we are hurting attendence.

The fact that you can practically see every game on some form of media nowadays hasn't occurred to these geniuses as the primary cause of lower attendance.

Is it just me or has the economy been in the tank since 2008? I seem to remember something about record unemployment or something? I dunno, I probably have it wrong. Tickets for all seats at college games are still free, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom