Syracuse opens up +2 vs Miami | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse opens up +2 vs Miami

Given Miami is the higher ranked team (ranked, not seeded) and we haven't proven we can win against quality opponents away from home, I'm really happy with that line.

We were the same amount favorite at Georgia Tech and lost.

This game will come down to our defensive rebounding and making enough ISO shots.

IMG_20170307_142226.jpg

Wow. I thought it'd be something other than what kenpom suggests despite people explaining [correctly] ad nauseum for years and years how closely they're correlated. ;)

We are more talented than the U. I expect we'll control the game and beat them soundly.
The first game was not a fluke. All we have to do is to locate the Serbian dude and not allow him to cast off. He banged 6 the first time. My only question is how quickly JB's hook comes when we inevitably fail to locate him.

I thought the line would be a point or 2 higher in favor of Miami. Let's hope we shoot like we did against GT in the 2nd half.

We are more talented than the U. I expect we'll control the game and beat them soundly.
The first game was not a fluke. All we have to do is to locate the Serbian dude and not allow him to cast off. He banged 6 the first time. My only question is how quickly JB's hook comes when we inevitably fail to locate him.

I know the Croatian torched us but he's a 36% shooter from 3 and the floor and he's had 9 points in each of their last two games. I'm more concerned with their rebounding, where we inexplicably had an edge in the first game.

I know the Croatian torched us but he's a 36% shooter from 3 and the floor and he's had 9 points in each of their last two games. I'm more concerned with their rebounding, where we inexplicably had an edge in the first game.

That is my big question as well. Our front court played uncharacteristically good in that game, not just rebounding but defending the rim. On the season that is an anomaly. I'm not sure we can reproduce that although we are a better team in other ways. I'm not overly worried about the Croatian kid because they didn't break 60 with him going off and I think we have improved at covering perimeter guys. They will almost have to play him though as they struggle to shoot other than Him and Reed and Reed hasn't been great. Newton had a hard time driving and creating offense against us and I suspect that Brown will get the chance to be that guy this time around. I think we can win but I suspect its going to be a much different game. If we make our good looks, compete on the glass and play steady defense we should win.

Yes, jordoo. Good post. Hopefully, Newton will continue to struggle post-suspension. Brown and Reed make them go. I think they will try to run off our misses since they are not a great team in the halfcourt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom