Syracuse Sports Insiders | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Sports Insiders

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I took the plunge and signed up for Brent Axe’s new venture. It’s a text based service where Brent will send a text blast to the entire community with highlights and information. Really interesting now with lots of observations from Spring football. What makes it unique is you can respond to the texts but it goes solely to Axe and he is very responsive. Answers questions and provides his perspective and that interchange is just one-on-one. And a new recruiting nugget sent this morning.

He offers a free two week trial after which the service is just $3.99 a month - less than a dollar a week.

“Hello friends, excited to announce a new way to connect directly with me and talk Syracuse Sports!

Text "orange" to 315-847-3895 to subscribe for:

-Priority to get your voice heard on the ‘Syracuse Sports’ podcast and postgame show.

-Text directly with me during and after SU games.

-Be the first to get my take on all things Orange basketball and football.

-I’ll take you inside the locker room after home basketball games, talk you through the latest Orange sports news and tee you up to share your opinions about the Orange.

Text "orange" to 315-847-3895 to subscribe. There is a 2-week free trial. It's just $3.99 a month after that. You can cancel anytime. “

If you decide to support local journalism, please send a text saying you were referred by your friends at the SyraCRUZ tailgate. Helps build our profile and gives you a little special attention.

Is there a platform or easy way to set up the recurring fee pyment?

I'm open to it. Just don't see how it can be much of an improvement over this forum. This forum is timely, informative, funny and occasionally stupid. And most of the people seem to be college educated or are faking it very well.

Say what you want about axe. His podcast with Emily has been a great listen. I really enjoy the coverage
Yup it has been amazing. I think for media, the program is more open and forthcoming so IMO that means the quality of information/analysis is raised as a result. Plus each day they get different coaches/players so they have almost mini-episodes dedicated to 1-2 groups.

I'm open to it. Just don't see how it can be much of an improvement over this forum. This forum is timely, informative, funny and occasionally stupid. And most of the people seem to be college educated or are faking it very well.

Some of us *may* even have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I’m on Team Funny and Occasionally Stupid.

As for Timely & Informative - I’ll leave that to the experts.

1711582129751.gif

Let’s just say that if snopes.com felt compelled to fact check half the posts on this forum they would have to triple their staff!

Unless he’s using some type of AI chat bot, or at least plans to in the future, it seems like a platform that’s not really scalable.

Ive always appreciated Axe’s view. Happy to support.

Let’s just say that if snopes.com felt compelled to fact check half the posts on this forum they would have to triple their staff!
Including this post? But if this post is wrong... then is the forum filled with true posts? Then that would make this post true, meaning that the post might be wrong and need to be fact checked. Which means the post could be right...

U0ez.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom