Syracuse still not listed in "others receiving votes" | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse still not listed in "others receiving votes"

AccuRater2

Walk On
O.K. Please explain this to me, if anyone can. These polls are so confusing as to why one team (Louisville) is still in the polls and another (Syracuse) is not even in "others receiving votes." Yes, I realize we lost some games we should not have lost, but we did beat Duke (at Duke) and had a tough game against them this past Saturday. But we beat Louisville by 20 points. Did the coaches see that? 20 points. And Louisville is 24th in the Coaches Poll. Syracuse no votes at all. Louisville is #26 in the AP Poll. We have no votes there either. What is it with these polls and Louisville. Syracuse is 18-9 overall and 9-5 in the ACC. Louisville is 18-10 overall and 9-6 in the ACC. According to my calculations, it looks as if we have a better record but no one will acknowledge that.

Looking for consistency and internal logic in the polls is like panning for gold in Oneida Lake.

Polls have their own logic. No one actually believes that the team ranked 20th in any week is the 20th best team.

A team’s ranking in the preseason—- which is based on little evidence —- determines the starting point in the race as in the Indy 500.

The voters then start to make changes in the ranking based on the season. But the bias is always to the team that was high in the rankings at the beginning of the season.

Wow. Polls still exist in college basketball? And people still look at them?

Strange.

Looking for consistency and internal logic in the polls is like panning for gold in Oneida Lake.

Polls have their own logic. No one actually believes that the team ranked 20th in any week is the 20th best team.

A team’s ranking in the preseason—- which is based on little evidence —- determines the starting point in the race as in the Indy 500.

The voters then start to make changes in the ranking based on the season. But the bias is always to the team that was high in the rankings at the beginning of the season.

So we should be ahead of Louisville based on that rationale?

My point as always on these things.

Do you think Syracuse is a top 25 team? If not, why are you expecting someone to make an incorrect decision to give them votes.

O.K. Please explain this to me, if anyone can. These polls are so confusing as to why one team (Louisville) is still in the polls and another (Syracuse) is not even in "others receiving votes." Yes, I realize we lost some games we should not have lost, but we did beat Duke (at Duke) and had a tough game against them this past Saturday. But we beat Louisville by 20 points. Did the coaches see that? 20 points. And Louisville is 24th in the Coaches Poll. Syracuse no votes at all. Louisville is #26 in the AP Poll. We have no votes there either. What is it with these polls and Louisville. Syracuse is 18-9 overall and 9-5 in the ACC. Louisville is 18-10 overall and 9-6 in the ACC. According to my calculations, it looks as if we have a better record but no one will acknowledge that.
Who cares?

Who cares?

Ha!!!!

At last a rational post.

Polls are meaningless nonsense based on flaky logic.

To argue whether a team ought to be ranked 20th instead of not ranked at all is a waste of energy.

We are about to go through the only semi-reliable ranking of teams we have, the NCAA tournament. And even that is flawed because of seeding, venues and good and bad shooting nights.

When 7 of your 9 losses are by double digits, I don't know how anyone can complain about not receiving top 25 votes.

You know who is receiving votes? Old Dominion. And Lunardi has them as a 13-seed in his latest bracket.

While not an ideal loss, it's nowhere near as bad as some have made it out to be.

LimpingPossibleAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom