Syracuse vs. Depaul, 2006 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Depaul, 2006

According to this list, Depaul had the best offensive performance in a major-conference game in the past decade (sample size of 6,996 games). I knew that game was a nightmare but holy crap. (9th on the list is us beating Depaul in 2011).

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...60067/10-best-offensive-performances-10-years

Pretty sure that's the ugliest game I can remember watching in my 30 years or so of being a huge fan. I made it to the end of the game because I never turn it off early, but I don't know how.

Serious, what was the deal with that game? At the time it seemed the team had totally given up. Then they go out and win the Big East Tournament in the single most epic way ever imagined at the time (Yukon made a run a few years later that was its equal because of the extra game). Crazy facts of that run (just because): It involved beating Yukon with a Gerry led team, which was... well it wasn't frequently done, it involved beating Pitt (which is likewise just not done by our teams), it was the first ever 4 game winning run in the BET, the first time a team had ever won a game in the BET after winning in OT the day before (we blasted record out of the water in 09!!).

But, I digress.

Serious, what was the deal with that game? At the time it seemed the team had totally given up. Then they go out and win the Big East Tournament in the single most epic way ever imagined at the time (Yukon made a run a few years later that was its equal because of the extra game). Crazy facts of that run (just because): It involved beating Yukon with a Gerry led team, which was... well it wasn't frequently done, it involved beating Pitt (which is likewise just not done by our teams), it was the first ever 4 game winning run in the BET, the first time a team had ever won a game in the BET after winning in OT the day before (we blasted record out of the water in 09!!).

But, I digress.

I have never seen a team shoot the ball like Depaul did, everything went in. We weren't a good team that year, hence the 19-12 record going into the bet, which makes the Gmac run all the more incredible.

Ouch, that's an embarrassment. Worst game also I have watched probably. That arena freaking blows. I've played concerts there actually. Total dump. DePaul is in an awesome area right in the heart of Chicago/Lincoln Park then they have to schlep all the way out to Rosemont by O'Hare to play games there. No wonder they can't get any good players there now.

I'm surprised this year's loss to St. John's isn't on that list. It sure seemed like it was that type of game.

But, I digress.
The very fact that we took such a drubbing from St. Paul made the Big East run all the more remarkable. It was from the depths of the valley of the shadow to the heights of the conference mountain. It was the stark contrast that made Gerry's run ("not ten effin games") the stuff of legends.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :vomit:

That moment when you thought you'd buried a painful memory . . . . but someone reminded you.

Rutgers is only on the list once. I call statistical error.

The very fact that we took such a drubbing from St. Paul

700.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :vomit:

That moment when you thought you'd buried a painful memory . . . . but someone reminded you.

Not as bad as Keith Smart. Sorry, your comment hurt my head twice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom