Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse vs. Notre Dame game thread

OttoinGrotto said:
Hackett sucked for two years before figuring it out, and people gave him all kinds of leash. For whatever reason a bunch of our fans just really, really dislike Mcdonald, even though he's exactly the kind of guy we should be gambling on.
What kind of guy is that?

Bubbled screened to death. Should've been holding on #20 there IMO.

Why does there bubble screens get 8 yards and we struggle to get 2 yards every time?
Because SU's bubble screen is either thrown backwards or to a stationary receiver while everyone else has their receivers moving forward and catching it with momentum. Syracuse will lose one to a backward lateral soon enough.

I think we're in Golson's head.

Also, is Arciniega #5? We need to get him out of there. He's just a bit too slow against this team.

I'm glad he started calling running plays. But then ND started dialing up the blitzes and pressure and McDonald has been slow to respond. Either run different running plays or throw to help relieve the pressure.

hard to do when your QB cant hit is target on a regular basis

You knew it was only a matter of time.

Game isn't over, but our offense has to get its head out of its ass

That drive is what our offense is designed to be. They put it on demonstration for McDonald.

A little ironic.

That's why it's important to punt from inside the 40 and play field position football.

Ugh.

Luck of the Irish. That false start... Same guy who then makes the rest of the plays.

His guy was 9 yds away. Simple. Why do we have so much more trouble counting. Lb stayed in box, throw to uncovered motion guy

We've now had 5 turnovers or almost turnovers-- one saved by a penalty and one where he was barely down before the fumble. We haven't scored off any of them. I feel good but damn we gotta score off those

We cant bring our safety up to cover the slot because our corners cant cover one on one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom