"Syracuse's Thomas turns in best workout" | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse's Thomas turns in best workout"

OrangeTown

Starter
Long article for ESPN Insiders - I snipped the small part regarding Shamarko here for you.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draf.../2013-nfl-combine-talented-db-group-sets-pace
Milliner, Trufant and Thomas all wow scouts on combine's final day

Syracuse's Thomas turns in best workout

As for the safeties, Shamarko Thomas (Grade: 70) had the best workout. At 5-9, 213 pounds, he's a little shorter than ideal, but he's well-packed and ran a great time in the 40 at 4.42 and built speed as he ran the 40. He had a 40½-inch vertical jump. That's one of the best verticals of the combine. He also had an 11-1 broad jump. He did a nice job. He'll have his grade in the third- or fourth-round range. We liked his tape and he's a tough kid. He had a great game against USC and he stood out. He's trying to work his way into the second day of the draft, where you have 10 safeties that grade out in the first three rounds. After Kenny Vaccaro (Grade: 95) going in the first round, there are nine guys projected to go on Day 2. Thomas was at the bottom of the group and he's moving up now.

not that it surprises anyone on here... but still awesome to see.

ShamWow probably has the biggest mean streak of any of those safeties at the combine. He clearly lacks ideal height, but clearly makes up for it with his athleticism and pure physique. He has great eye-hand coordination and has shown he has very good full-stride speed when playing as a float. He hits like a loaded dump truck and a few teams value that higher than others.

I could see him on the Ravens or 49ers. Would love to see him in NYG blue.

Considering the Jets have almost no safties under contract, he would make sense for them.

on another note, the only thing this article shows to me is how horrible the combine workouts accurately predict NFL success.

Which is interesting because I thought Vaccaro was so-so in the combine, yet he has the highest grade.

Shamarko is the perfect player to have to counter running QB's.

3t6fa0.jpg