Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Taj Harris transferring to Rutgers..Leaving Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
All those misses just reinforce to me what a dumb low percentage play the long ball is. Once in a while fine as many as we throw not fine. we should be consistently throwing more high percentage 4-10 yarder‘s, moving the chains and going fast.
I agree. To be clear? MANY of our TDs came on those bombs. It just seems a high risk, low percentage play, that can really hurt you in field position, TOP, and sustained drives.

While some may feel Tommy had his mind made up at the LOS? That may have been the call. It was the same with Eric. If we had seen those crossing routes the last 2 years? (We all complained) Our fortunes with our QB2 may have been much different, imo.

They don't make coaches sit out a year if they coached more than 4 games at their previous schools either.
So you're saying the Dino could quit on Syracuse right now and take another job at another P5 school and coach the next game? While I suppose this is technically possible it would NEVER happen. This is a bizarre take.

So you're saying the Dino could quit on Syracuse right now and take another job at another P5 school and coach the next game? While I suppose this is technically possible it would NEVER happen. This is a bizarre take.
It seems much less a "take" to me than it is just presenting facts and something that is possible. He didnt really say how likely it was.

It seems much less a "take" to me than it is just presenting facts and something that is possible. He didnt really say how likely it was.
Because he's comparing apples to concrete bricks. Coaches DO NOT leave mid-season and go coach somewhere else, yes it is technically possible(maybe?) but will not and has never happened. So essentially yes they are sitting out the year if they were to leave mid-season. His analogy is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

All those misses just reinforce to me what a dumb low percentage play the long ball is. Once in a while fine as many as we throw not fine. we should be consistently throwing more high percentage 4-10 yarder‘s, moving the chains and going fast.

My belief as well. The infatuation with the deep throw over the years, it’s such a low % throw regardless of who’s doing it. But it seems we’ve tried to force it in the past, at times, instead of setting it up. I don’t mind trying it when the defense or matchup provides it.

My belief as well. The infatuation with the deep throw over the years, it’s such a low % throw regardless of who’s doing it. But it seems we’ve tried to force it in the past, at times, instead of setting it up. I don’t mind trying it when the defense or matchup provides it.

Don't disagree with you or PhatOrange but will add that you also have to remember that even deep ball misses have an effect on how the offense performs. A deep ball miss has the ability to scare a defense enough that it opens up more space in the run game. Just something to keep in mind!

When I rewatched I was really really impressed with the timing of those routes. It was a beautiful thing to see.

He was also throwing them/leading the receiver. Something that sounds so simple but is the difference between getting tackled on the catch or getting YAC like we saw.

The previous game he didn’t throw the ball well but he some people hammered him for a throw he missed. I watched again and I don’t think the fault was on GS, he threw the ball to a spot and the WR stuttered a little instead of continuing to run to the spot.

Because he's comparing apples to concrete bricks. Coaches DO NOT leave mid-season and go coach somewhere else, yes it is technically possible(maybe?) but will not and has never happened. So essentially yes they are sitting out the year if they were to leave mid-season. His analogy is about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

They leave before bowl games, isn’t that even worse. The players take the coach to the promise land and you abandon ship whole preaching team.

Don't disagree with you or PhatOrange but will add that you also have to remember that even deep ball misses have an effect on how the offense performs. A deep ball miss has the ability to scare a defense enough that it opens up more space in the run game. Just something to keep in mind!

Completely agree with that if it’s deemed a serious threat by the D. If you’re not worried about the effectiveness of the deep ball you use your resources to stop a guy like Tucker and play man to man on deep routes.

Ideally yes but the problem was we weren’t scaring anyone with the deep ball.

They leave before bowl games, isn’t that even worse. The players take the coach to the promise land and you abandon ship whole preaching team.
Yeah and I also think guys like Rodr, Schiano, and Kiffin are slime for the way they left their players. Just because they are players doesn't mean they get a pass because the other do it. And for the record, still not comparing apples to apples, more like apples to quince. Players can also opt out of bowl games to get ready for the NFL so that is the fair comparison for your example. Show me a coach who left after 4 games and still coached the same year, or even the next year for that matter.

They do, I think. Which makes it all the more confusing that the conference wouldn't be throwing us a bone at this point. Promoting a meh FSU team with no stars over a legitimate Heisman candidate? Bozo move.
We’re still hardly ever mentioned on the Packer and Durham show. They didn’t even talk about our Liberty win the following morning til half way through the show.

He wasn't suspended. Tweaked his knee.(at least for Albany) Almost everything Taj here, is a complety false assumption.
I really don't care, only concerned with the players who are it . It's time to lock this thread, band talk about the players who are here. If people want to talk about players who left, put in on another board.

Congrats to Taj on the baby. Earlier in the thread I commented that neither Taj nor Dino seemed to have any animosity toward the other and in fact Taj had several orange hearts in his goodbye tweet.

But he is gone, and although he didn't create the bizarre system that allows him to move on in mid-season, he is no longer an SU player

Let me make a metaphor. You have a favorite band. Let’s say the drummer leaves the band. Maybe he doesn’t get enough drum solos, maybe he hates the lead singer, maybe he wants to go in a different musical direction.

Now he joins a different band. Maybe that band is famous or maybe it is obscure. Either way, unless you already really like that band you probably aren’t going to listen to their music. You have no further reason to care about the drummer.

SU is my favorite band and Taj is the drummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom