Take a little break from everything and enjoy! | Syracusefan.com

Take a little break from everything and enjoy!

memcorsu

2nd String
This team is really missing a high flyer that could really get the crowd into the game turning the momentum. The last I think was Wes. It broke my heart to not see him one more year. I thought we could lighten the mood a bit with our boy's from the past.

What a blatant attempt to garner likes, sir. I'll give you some, but I am not happy about it. No sir, not happy at all! Here take all of my grudging likes...

What a blatant attempt to garner likes, sir. I'll give you some, but I am not happy about it. No sir, not happy at all! Here take all of my grudging likes...
No needs for likes my dear orange friend... Just thought since I U fans don't think we have a history as "storied" as theirs I could present them a small time capsule of SU history in basketball. Also, it provides y'all in the office with some viewing pleasure to pass the work hours till the shift whistle blows. Thank goodness for spring break.

Edit: Please feel free to add your favorites. Maybe it could get pinned somewhere and when we start getting "Hoya (blahhh/bleck) Grey" about things we can look back to the citrusie and refreshing goodness that is SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN basketball. New phrase for complainers "stop being a Hoya". Make sure you get your pets spay and neutered God knows that he doesn't want anymore Hoya's.

This team is really missing a high flyer that could really get the crowd into the game turning the momentum. The last I think was Wes. It broke my heart to not see him one more year. I thought we could lighten the mood a bit with our boy's from the past.

How about Doug Anderson from Detroit - that guy was amazing in the Dome earlier this season.

How about Doug Anderson from Detroit - that guy was amazing in the Dome earlier this season.
Only because we won. Kid is a dirty dirty little athlete.

Edit: Because you asked nicely.

this action is borderline illegal.

Yeah, okay... I wonder who would be the highest if we did a search for number of posts containing videos or pictures of Kate Upton. Hmmmm???

That's what I thought, Mr. Kettle. :)

I love the selection of highlight reels, but I disagree that this team does not have any high flyers... the front line of CJ Fair, Jerami Grant and Rakeem Christmas, when out there, could be the most athletic in the nation. Jerami Grant can throw down if he gets the room (and the minutes!) to do so. CJ has had a number of facial dunks in the past 2 seasons.

I love the selection of highlight reels, but I disagree that this team does not have any high flyers... the front line of CJ Fair, Jerami Grant and Rakeem Christmas, when out there, could be the most athletic in the nation. Jerami Grant can throw down if he gets the room (and the minutes!) to do so. CJ has had a number of facial dunks in the past 2 seasons.
I don't disagree with the fact that this years team has athletes that at times can make athletic plays, it just seems in the past that we had one or two players who would take over games with their athleticism and change the flow of the game. This years team doesn't seem to have that guy (I am a HUGE CJ fan). Maybe because this team is ugly in the offensive half while other teams were more offensive focused and not as strong on the defensive side. I would say the one guy that is close is JS but he is on again off again. This years team is just a lot different then what we have been used to over the past decade. I have been trying to figure out thinking back. I think the first thing is we had centers that other teams had to at least respect on the offensive side, could clear space. The second is that we had more than one player who was a constant threat from the three. Teams don't have to respect BT or MCW but can crash down closing down slashing lanes.

I also think that the past teams were better at getting out on the break than this year, maybe fatally so when you think of no Deeeee Devendorf. I know I am going to get killed for this, but I think junior/senior Scoop might have been better than sophomore MCW ( IN COLLEGE). Scoop seemed to let the game come to him and it seems that MCW tries to come to the game. Junior/ Senior season Scoop had a better all around O game to boot (although thinking of his ugly jumper freshman/sophomore year makes me cringe).

The two major differences I can see is the three point threat and the center play. If Cooney, MCW, or BT could have ever developed a constant threat from 3, I think this team looks totally different. There is obviously more going on with BT than what is out there. If you watch the plays he made early on to now there is something missing/not happening. I think it is something physical which is effecting his mental. He used to have a very quick first step and he has slowed down immensely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom