Taking a poll so to speak | Syracusefan.com

Taking a poll so to speak

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Who actually goes through the forums and picks what topic they want to read and who just reads the last post to show up on a topic without clicking the specific board. I do a little of both. No way i have the patience to read every topic.

Who actually goes through the forums and picks what topic they want to read and who just reads the last post to show up on a topic without clicking the specific board. I do a little of both. No way i have the patience to read every topic.
It's all about What's New

You mean you dont have the patience to read all 222 replies to "Lebron James is a coward"? Lol, I think the only thread like that, that I went back read straight through was the one with the guy who tried telling us Jim Calhoun was some kind of illuminatti figure and had some kind of Satanic bond with Coach K, while he spoke to us like he was Denzel Washington in an action film.

You mean you dont have the patience to read all 222 replies to "Lebron James is a coward"? Lol, I think the only thread like that, that I went back read straight through was the one with the guy who tried telling us Jim Calhoun was some kind of illuminatti figure and had some kind of Satanic bond with Coach K, while he spoke to is like he was Denzel Washington in an action film.

I couldn't make it through this thread, but what I read was pretty amazing

I only go the "what's new" way.. I'm normally only on at work, so it's the fastest way to hit everything I want to read or talk about. Best feature on the board

I only read threads that don't contain the word "Albany" in them, so technically I'm not even reading this. ;)

I usually go by topics. That's a quick and easy way to sort out the stuff I just don't care to read, follow, or comment on. If the topic is interesting, funny, current, newsworthy, informative, or just something I know or care about and can add to, then I read it. If the topic is tired, recurring, overly speculative for the sake of being speculative, or something i just don't really care about, I skip over it. For example, if it's another thread about Lebron, that's a skip. I have no interest in debating anything about Lebron. I also try to stay away from unnecessary doom and gloom threads when they hold no substance and are all worst case speculation for the sake of speculation. A current example would be the ACC is Dead crap. Ugh.

Again, technically I'm not reading this thread, nor did I respond, so take what you think you read here with a grain of salt. :)

I'm pretty similar to PeteCalvin. I go by topics but there are a few I totally avoid. I avoid anything about the NBA. I am forever grateful for 2003 but I have no interest in debating Melo's NBA career ad nauseum. I still hope all of our alums do great in the NBA and I follow the box scores, but don't care for discussing it in depth. I never click on anything that has to do with Lebron. I generally avoid the conference alignment threads. I am thrilled we are heading to the ACC, but I just don't see the interest in discussing each conference scenarios that comes up and making up your own scenarios etc even if it is the offseason.

The OP usually determines if I'll start to and continue to read a thread.

I look for threads with titles I might be interested in and multiple replies. If there aren't any replies I assume it's garbage. Unless it says "Must Read" in the title itself. I check this forum primarily, and check in on the others (Football, Off-Topic, etc...far less often).

if the thread starts with "cali" im all in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom