Taurean Thompson | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Did this just happen? I'm still in Wisconsin and just read the article on syracuse.com. Popped over to the forum and nada. Well, count me as excited!!

The official "WOO HOO" posts are about 10 pages back. Lots of foolishness in between there and here. Was official yesterday to the board. Official to some pay siders well before that.

Syracuse commit Taurean Thompson discusses why picked the Orange (PS: Waters)

Taurean Thompson struggled with his college decision.

Thompson, a 6-foot-10 forward out of Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, N.H., was the last player ranked in the Class of 2016's top 100 to pick a school.

Thompson had offers from the likes of Xavier, Connecticut and Georgetown, but eventually whittled the list down to Syracuse, Seton Hall and Michigan State.

"I had a bunch of great schools to choose from,'' Thompson said in a telephone interview Saturday night. "I was weighing my options. It was a tough decision.''

He discussed his options with his mother, Sherese Piper, his grandfather and other family members. But a week ago, in a quiet moment by himself, Thompson came to a decision.

"I sat down and thought it out,'' Thompson said. "I thought about what I liked and what I didn't like until I got comfortable.''

Thompson felt most comfortable with Syracuse...

Taurean said a lot nice things about coach Autry.

Love seeing Autry get the props on this one.
Also TT is starting classes on Monday so he can't change his mind at that point!!! I think that is the first day of the 2nd summer session. Some of the women players I know were on their way back to campus for Monday classes. So I am assuming that is when he will start.

agree with all, iommi... and there's also the possibility of a small-ish lineup in which TT is at the 5 with Lydon/Battle on the wings and Johnny and Frankie backcourt
I like that Pearl. Our Death Lineup. Also cool that you call Gillon Johnny. Totally better than Gilly!

Love seeing Autry get the props on this one.
Also TT is starting classes on Monday so he can't change his mind at that point!!! I think that is the first day of the 2nd summer session. Some of the women players I know were on their way back to campus for Monday classes. So I am assuming that is when he will start.

Classes start Tuesday July 5.

The official "WOO HOO" posts are about 10 pages back. Lots of foolishness in between there and here. Was official yesterday to the board. Official to some pay siders well before that.
Foolishness is the main reason I come here! I am catching up in the Madison airport. (And we had fun fun fun til Taureen took the T thread away!)

He's playing next year.

Holy ambiguous post, Batman!

On a different note, I applaud your work on calling the TT signing, even though you were much maligned like myself, for not being an "insider". I still am open that it was just a fairly decent percentage guess based on all factors, but I either way don't think you deserved to be treated like that, especially being you now have a higher prediction percentage than most of the in(pay)siders. I enjoy seeing underdogs succeed, not just in March Madness.

On that note, do your insider sources have any word on White?(not the guy in my avatar)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom