Taurean Thompson | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

For whatever reason, we must be an absolute last ditch option for TT. Basically we're his safety school. If he hasn't committed by now, after this last visit, the only reason is he is waiting for something better to come along. Whether that is because of his mom or the easter bunny doesn't really matter. Based on nothing but that, I predict him winding up at Michigan State.

For whatever reason, we must be an absolute last ditch option for TT.
This is the problem I am having and I don't disagree with you at all. Where is this perception coming from that puts us at a last ditch option? Can't stand this drama. Happened with so many others (Briscoe, Whitehead to name a few recent) and even if he comes here, not a good start to your career, TT. Again, this circus stuff is silly to me. Funny thing, is he's not a stud enough to even merit this attention. Want to play basketball? Put your head down and focus on the task at hand, not the dramatics.

Why is everyone so worked up about this though? Its not like he's going to see the floor much next year. He's probably our 3rd string center(Coleman, Chukwu), and probably our 4th string power forward(Roberson, Lydon, Moyer). If he comes, great. If not, it shouldnt make a lick of difference next season.

Yes it would be nice the following season when we lose a lot of those PF/C's to have a sophomore TT stepping in. But if not...oh well. Plenty of time to find someone else in the following class that's just as good or better.

This is the problem I am having and I don't disagree with you at all. Where is this perception coming from that puts us at a last ditch option? Can't stand this drama. Happened with so many others (Briscoe, Whitehead to name a few recent) and even if he comes here, not a good start to your career, TT. Again, this circus stuff is silly to me. Funny thing, is he's not a stud enough to even merit this attention. Want to play basketball? Put your head down and focus on the task at hand, not the dramatics.

Great post, tee. I think most of us are over it at this point. Whatevs, as the kids say.

Why is everyone so worked up about this though? Its not like he's going to see the floor much next year. He's probably our 3rd string center(Coleman, Chukwu), and probably our 4th string power forward(Roberson, Lydon, Moyer). If he comes, great. If not, it shouldnt make a lick of difference next season.

Yes it would be nice the following season when we lose a lot of those PF/C's to have a sophomore TT stepping in. But if not...oh well. Plenty of time to find someone else in the following class that's just as good or better.
While I agree with you for 2016, I think it's more the 2017 issue. It is very possible that our only players for 2017 are Chukwu, Moyer and Howard; between players declaring early (Battle, Lydon, Mali) and seniors (Gillon, Robey, DC).

It's always nice to get some experience back, and TT will have a year under his belt at the college level and learning the zone -- as opposed to using that scholarship on a 2017 player who will not have that experience. Getting him will not make or break our 2017 or 2017 seasons - but it'd be nice

Because this is more than just about next year. The following year, we'll lose Coleman / Roberson and maybe Lydon. Frontcourt minutes will need to be filled, and TT could play a significant role for us, even if he isn't a factor in year 1.

Because this is more than just about next year. The following year, we'll lose Coleman / Roberson and maybe Lydon. Frontcourt minutes will need to be filled, and TT could play a significant role for us, even if he isn't a factor in year 1.

Right. That would be definitely nice. Hardly seems like make or break though. We'll have Chukwu entrenched as the main C by then. Lydon could still be here. If not, Moyer is here. And arent there concerns about his quickness to play a F spot in the 2-3 anyway?(could be wrong, but i thought that was the word on him). Theres still time to add recruits in that 2017-18 freshman class.

Right. That would be definitely nice. Hardly seems like make or break though. We'll have Chukwu entrenched as the main C by then. Lydon could still be here. If not, Moyer is here. And arent there concerns about his quickness to play a F spot in the 2-3 anyway?(could be wrong, but i thought that was the word on him). Theres still time to add recruits in that 2017-18 freshman class.

No, I don't think "make or break." But Thompson IS a capable recruit who can score inside and has size. Some of made the comparison to a Rick Jackson type of player [not that they are identical]. Rick wasn't a make or break recruit, either, but he had a very solid four year career and a terrific senior season.

Bottom line: you can never have enough quality bigs.

One again, if, say, Lydon or Roberson gets hurt early next year, we're down to 2 forwards. No backups.

That's why Thompson is important for next year.

But it would also be nice to build some experience for 2017-18.

like others have already said - mom just really not like SU at all
What is it with the moms? You have heard of mothers against drunk driving, now theres mothers against syracuse basketball.

I believe Francis said either here on his pod that the issue with TT's mom has seemed to be resolved. If she is adamant about keepin him close to home, that eliminates MSU. Francis also said he heard TT doesn't really want any part of Seton Hall.

That leaves us. He may drag it out, but barring something crazy I think Thompson end's up in the Dome next year

I believe Francis said either here on his pod that the issue with TT's mom has seemed to be resolved. If she is adamant about keepin him close to home, that eliminates MSU. Francis also said he heard TT doesn't really want any part of Seton Hall.

That leaves us. He may drag it out, but barring something crazy I think Thompson end's up in the Dome next year

He and Jake both said her "concerns had been addressed." Very different from being resolved. The only person who can determine if her issues were resolved is her. We will know when TT makes his announcement.

Apparently he has cut his list to three: SU, Seton Hall and Mich St (where he still plans to take an official).

http://www.At their request, this n...story/1667918-taurean-thompson-cuts-list-to-3

Apparently he has cut his list to three: SU, Seton Hall and Mich St (where he still plans to take an official).

http://www.At their request, this n...story/1667918-taurean-thompson-cuts-list-to-3

So basically if he doesn't commit to State it becomes a He wants SU Mom wants the Hall situation. We shall see. I know a lot of posters are frustrated with this dragging on and on but I would still like to get Thompson on board. He is a quality big who actually already has an offensive game. In 2017 he would have a year in the system which would help a lot since we are likely facing a mass exidous. (DC2, Roberson, Lydon, Mal? Battle?)

The fact that Michigan State has a very legit chance to land this kid after 3 weeks of interest while SU and SHU have been grinding for 18 months is example #1 of why being a college coach must absolutely suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom