Taurean Thompson | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Mich St people think its all locked up for them, Seton Hall people saying its the Spartans too.
What do you mean, "Michigan State people"?

downey-2.jpg

I know everyone wants to bash the kid, or the people surrounding him, but blame and/or anger for the scholarship situation should be directed staff as well. It's not going to be something that people want to hear but its the truth. The kid and his family can take as much time as they choose to decide, its a big decision, that's their choice. The staff decided to stick around for it with little to no back up plan. What quality big guys did they go after hard during this recruitment? What plan B's did they stay active and pursue hard through out this process? What transfers (non-graduate) did they get in on and push for? Their should be a nice long list but there wasn't. If TT chooses elsewhere and were stuck with 8 players with multiple scholarships open the blame lies squarely on the staff.

I know everyone wants to bash the kid, or the people surrounding him, but blame and/or anger for the scholarship situation should be directed staff as well. It's not going to be something that people want to hear but its the truth. The kid and his family can take as much time as they choose to decide, its a big decision, that's their choice. The staff decided to stick around for it with little to no back up plan. What quality big guys did they go after hard during this recruitment? What plan B's did they stay active and pursue hard through out this process? What transfers (non-graduate) did they get in on and push for? Their should be a nice long list but there wasn't. If TT chooses elsewhere and were stuck with 8 players with multiple scholarships open the blame lies squarely on the staff.

Skilled, uncommitted, 6'10" guys are growing on trees and the staff, out of nothing but gross, willful negligence and hubris, absolutely refused to get any of them. What a bunch of losers. It reminds me of the time I just flat-out refused advances from Jennifer Anniston and JLH.

Skilled, uncommitted, 6'10" guys are growing on trees and the staff, out of nothing but gross, willful negligence and hubris, absolutely refused to get any of them. What a bunch of losers. It reminds me of the time I just flat-out refused advances from Jennifer Anniston and JLH.
But you didn't refuse justin timberlake. Go figure. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Or the time Madonna asked me to dance at Maggies and I didn't like her music.

I am assuming they have one fan, and he has multiple personalities that talk to eachother via their message board. This particular one is the annoying super positive know it all type.

He sits in his mom's basement with his soiled Dan Callandrillo jersey, stocked up on Funions and Mountain Dew, awaiting the next Seton Hall game, or D&D game, whichever comes first.

If your looking at things now, sure. But they didn't start recruiting TT yesterday. I believe we are on day 270 something of the TT watch. That is a very long time for the staff to get involved with various other big men, which they were either unable or unwilling to do hence the lack of options, or signed players at this time. There are 37 HS seniors in the top 100 alone that are listed as PF or C according to ESPN. That's just the top 100, it doesn't include players outside of that ranking or available transfers or JUCO's. I totally understand that not all players can fit our system, but I have a hard time believing that a program the caliber of Syracuse has that much trouble finding a decent big after a final 4 run.

If your looking at things now, sure. But they didn't start recruiting TT yesterday. I believe we are on day 270 something of the TT watch. That is a very long time for the staff to get involved with various other big men, which they were either unable or unwilling to do hence the lack of options, or signed players at this time. There are 37 HS seniors in the top 100 alone that are listed as PF or C according to ESPN. That's just the top 100, it doesn't include players outside of that ranking or available transfers or JUCO's. I totally understand that not all players can fit our system, but I have a hard time believing that a program the caliber of Syracuse has that much trouble finding a decent big after a final 4 run.

It's definitely well beyond the first date!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom