Taurean Thompson | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

I don't care how much you play. Losing is not fun. They have ZERO chance of getting into any post season tournaments. Mom might be happy, but TT will be miserable. I feel bad for this kid. His mom is being extremely selfsish.

There are some wonderful insights offered on this board regarding the great game of college basketball. There is also some woefully ignorant crap thrown about . Cool. It is a message board. Some of my own thoughts have been insightful. Many of my thoughts have been flat wrong and, yes, ignorant. Such is the unpredictability of young men who change and grow mentally and physically in ways that can be surprising. Confidence grows. Light bulbs go off. Some stagnate. I do think many of the comments regarding this young mans' mother are way, way, out of bounds. Unless someone offers some particular insider information on the dynamics of their life and family, and was inappropriate enough to share it, all the speculation is just so much BS. Every kid matures at a different rate. What they may need and or want in terms of support, guidance and direction, and how long they need it is generally best left to the family. All the chest thumping about how it should be done for a college bound kid, and how "I" did it or how my kid did it is just so much crap without context. Some of the garbage about co-dependency , and about the kids mother is wildly inappropriate. They will do their best to make a decision which is extremely important. Keep the aggressive .parenting advice to yourselves.

There are some wonderful insights offered on this board regarding the great game of college basketball. There is also some woefully ignorant crap thrown about . Cool. It is a message board. Some of my own thoughts have been insightful. Many of my thoughts have been flat wrong and, yes, ignorant. Such is the unpredictability of young men who change and grow mentally and physically in ways that can be surprising. Confidence grows. Light bulbs go off. Some stagnate. I do think many of the comments regarding this young mans' mother are way, way, out of bounds. Unless someone offers some particular insider information on the dynamics of their life and family, and was inappropriate enough to share it, all the speculation is just so much BS. Every kid matures at a different rate. What they may need and or want in terms of support, guidance and direction, and how long they need it is generally best left to the family. All the chest thumping about how it should be done for a college bound kid, and how "I" did it or how my kid did it is just so much crap without context. Some of the garbage about co-dependency , and about the kids mother is wildly inappropriate. They will do their best to make a decision which is extremely important. Keep the aggressive .parenting advice to yourselves.

Although I agree with what you are saying... that just took some air out of this thread.
image.gif

Signed Taurean's mom

(I agree with the sentiment.)

Like I said before, it's not like he's considering joining ISIS. He's not even thinking about enlisting in the US Army. This is not a life or death decision, it's college basketball. He's not risking jail time, only playing time.

If the article from before the MSU visit is any indication, TT is as frustrated as we are, probably more. There's a difference between a parent advising and a parent obstructing. Tyus Battle's dad didn't want his son making a rash decision. Thomas Bryant's mom had her preference, which didn't match her son's. In both cases, the kid made the final call. And that's fine, even when it doesn't benefit us. That's all we're asking for here. Let TT make a decision.

And let's not pretend like we need more proof of the situation. We can read between the lines, or in some cases precise information from people in the know. Everyone knows the score. Everyone knows what's causing the hold up.

Like I said before, it's not like he's considering joining ISIS. He's not even thinking about enlisting in the US Army. This is not a life or death decision, it's college basketball. He's not risking jail time, only playing time.

If the article from before the MSU visit is any indication, TT is as frustrated as we are, probably more. There's a difference between a parent advising and a parent obstructing. Tyus Battle's dad didn't want his son making a rash decision. Thomas Bryant's mom had her preference, which didn't match her son's. In both cases, the kid made the final call. And that's fine, even when it doesn't benefit us. That's all we're asking for here. Let TT make a decision.

And let's not pretend like we need more proof of the situation. We can read between the lines, or in some cases precise information from people in the know. Everyone knows the score. Everyone knows what's causing the hold up.
You can 'ask' for anything you want. You can read between the lines all you want, but unless you're a family member or close friend, all you can do is assume. Do you hope he commits soon? Sure, all of us do. But you are owed nothing here.

You can 'ask' for anything you want. You can read between the lines all you want, but unless you're a family member or close friend, all you can do is assume. Do you hope he commits soon? Sure, all of us do. But you are owed nothing here.
Not my point at all, but OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom