Taurean Thompson | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Maybe either SU or TT or both decided to wait to announce until he has cleared the NCAA...Why announce when, at the moment, you know you are not eligible?

Hence my post a few pages back. Does announcing and signing paperwork trigger the start of the NCAA Clearinghouse process? And if it does, accepting what Orangeman13 says, he would be found to be ineligible. Would an appeal in that case, after completing the course in question risk taking longer than waiting and signing when coursework is complete? Compound this scenario with a kid who is radio silent on social media and you end up with a 175 page thread of speculation, song lyrics, hot girl pictures and assorted memes.

Last edited:
Online courses are self paced!

I'm with you O13 and thanks for sharing. Do you know definitively if TT plans on enrolling in time for Summer Session II on July 5? If that doesn't happen there will be a real impact on his opportunity to jump start his academic requirements at Cuse and bond with his future teammates.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on what they think SU should do in this recruitment. But without really knowing anything about the real inside story other than that he has not committed, I find it difficult to second guess the staff and to recommend we move on. Not sure who Plan B would be at this point anyway so what's the harm in waiting this out?

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on what they think SU should do in this recruitment. But without really knowing anything about the real inside story other than that he has not committed, I find it difficult to second guess the staff and to recommend we move on. Not sure who Plan B would be at this point anyway so what's the harm in waiting this out?

I agree, but at some point make a decision, you have visited all three schools, you know what the deal is.

miss-lippy-dancing-o.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom