Class of 2023 - TE Dante Barone (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 TE Dante Barone (NJ) Offered

I think the coaches have now offered four players at The Hun School. Kids that reclassified and are prepping because of the lost Covid year.
# 35 DANTE BARONE THE HUN SCHOOL, PRINCETON, NJ
6' 3" 265 FB, TE, DE

ASSETS: ALL INFO ON DANTE CLICK ON LINK

PROTOTYPICAL FB
TOUGH RUNS OVER DEFENDERS
GOOD HANDS/TE

GOOD OFFER

How much strong interest did we have in this kid.
Rutgers seems to be building a pretty strong pipeline at Hun School. Just my opinion but I think this kid was always going to be a Rutgers kid, and that's fine. Pretty sure the tea leaves were read early on by staff, not saying they wouldn't have taken him. I don't know where he was on their board.

Greg also seems to be pressing hard for early commits, and his lackey Dohn has no issues helping craft Greg's message for him while also helping inflate overall value of some of his targets and commits.

Dante is a fine prospect with good size - I am sure he will see a bump up.

How much strong interest did we have in this kid.
Not heavy. He visited with his team mate back in March. I haven't heard his name much since then.

They just took a commitment from a long island kid that ran a 4.3 yesterday at their camp. Little guy with FCS offers. Dohn will make him #1 in the state now
1654181263779.gif

I mean, does his shtick really fool anyone?

View attachment 217513

I mean, does his shtick really fool anyone?
yes, their kool aid drinking fan base of morons. Dohn isn't the only moron over at the crystal ball site, some dope over there did bowl predictions for this year and he has Rutgers in a bowl game. the Rutgers who plays Michigan/Ohio State/Penn State/MSU/Iowa/Minny/Nebraska/MD/BC. I will give them Temple, Wagner and maybe Indiana, but they aren't winning 3 of those other 9. they won't even win 2 of them. MD and BC are both road games. maybe they beat Nebraska and nail the Frost coffin shut.

yes, their kool aid drinking fan base of morons. Dohn isn't the only moron over at the crystal ball site, some dope over there did bowl predictions for this year and he has Rutgers in a bowl game. the Rutgers who plays Michigan/Ohio State/Penn State/MSU/Iowa/Minny/Nebraska/MD/BC. I will give them Temple, Wagner and maybe Indiana, but they aren't winning 3 of those other 9. they won't even win 2 of them. MD and BC are both road games. maybe they beat Nebraska and nail the Frost coffin shut.
Yup. I see 2 wins

Let's not sugar coat it; we lost this one to Rutgers, and we lost it in the first 30 seconds of the bout. This kid could've been a Rhino 2.0 for us.

They know how to keep the fish on the hook. They just keep feeding the fanbase BS, and they keep eating it up.

Let's not sugar coat it; we lost this one to Rutgers, and we lost it in the first 30 seconds of the bout. This kid could've been a Rhino 2.0 for us.
No one is sugar coating. He was getting recruited for D line for Cuse. Interest stopped after we got the commitment from Perry. I imagine they have other D lineman higher on their boards. Illinois was recruiting him the hardest.

No one is sugar coating. He was getting recruited for D line for Cuse. Interest stopped after we got the commitment from Perry. I imagine they have other D lineman higher on their boards. Illinois was recruiting him the hardest.
Well, considering that we have more punters on scholarship than tight-ends, why would we not want this paisan for HB/TE?

Well, considering that we have more punters on scholarship than tight-ends, why would we not want this paisan for HB/TE?
Trying so hard to bring this back to a dig on the coaches.

Not sure but there are 62 other power 5 teams that didnt want him play TE for them. Keep in mind we already have a 6'7 TE committed.
In my opinion; we need 2 more TE's on this roster asap, if not 3 more. I know you want to protect your man Mahar, but he is really too light right now. Mang is a physical specimen, more than skilled TE at this point. I would like to see 5 legit sized TEs on the roster.

In my opinion; we need 2 more TE's on this roster asap, if not 3 more. I know you want to protect your man Mahar, but he is really too light right now. Mang is a physical specimen,, more than skilled TE at this point. I would like to see 5 legit sized TEs on the roster.
In your opinion? That's cool. I will rely on the opinion of Anae and Babers. Two guys with 30 years of offensive coaching experience.

In your opinion? That's cool. I will rely on the opinion of Anae and Babers. Two guys with 30 years of offensive coaching experience.
Well, our staff did try to get Steven Stilianos, but he chose Iowa. Certainly can't fault a kid picking the Hawkeyes, especially if he is a TE.

Well, our staff did try to get Steven Stilianos, but he chose Iowa. Certainly can't fault a kid picking the Hawkeyes, especially if he is a TE.
You mean the grad transfer that would've been here for a season? There's a big difference between addressing a need for this season's roster and future recruiting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom