Class of 2023 - TE David Clement (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/22) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 TE David Clement (NY) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (3/25/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This speaks a lot about his dad's character.

His big brother Anthony is a sophomore OL at Union College in Schenectady, one of the top engineering colleges in upstate NY.

Great family. Thanks for sharing that article.

His big brother Anthony is a sophomore OL at Union College in Schenectady, one of the top engineering colleges in upstate NY.

Great family. Thanks for sharing that article.
I never knew that was his dad until Shmndouglvr mentioned it. Sounds like his dad was a great role model and his mom did a great job raising her two sons under unfortunate circumstances.

You never have enough OL guys and Syracuse certainly has never had a surplus. But with that said, I too would love to have a legitimate big bodied stud TE. Adding that kind of missing piece could be huge. Something we have not had since I don’t know who. Roland Williams maybe? Mang still has two more years. Hopefully he continues to develop. Coming from Germany I’m sure he has had more to learn.

Also no chance Mahar gets moved to OL. He’s way too undersized for that. He’s listed at 232 lbs.
Any opportunity to create mismatches needs to be explored. If Clement can catch, can run with strength, and has even decent speed, that's a nuisance for the defense and that's good!

Really think Clement is going to be a nice add for us. Kid looks like a natural blocker at the TE position. Hopefully he can catch a bit as well. Would be great to have a good all around TE.

Having a TE and actually using them is another thing.

Really think Clement is going to be a nice add for us. Kid looks like a natural blocker at the TE position. Hopefully he can catch a bit as well. Would be great to have a good all around TE.

Honestly. If he is a great blocker. I wouldn’t mind seeing him moved to tackle. His body type seems more natural for that position.

Was there any balls thrown to the TEs during the scrimmage? Somehow the offense needs to find a way here. If you ask TEs to block, you have to occasionally reward them with throwing them the rock.
Think that's smoke from Dino. We are gonna throw to the TE; and, if you consider OG a TE, then we're going to throw to the TE, a lot.

They are weapons in the NFL. What am I missing? Why are they so ignored in our system? Talent or just a weak OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom