Class of 2024 - TE Elijah Washington (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 TE Elijah Washington (VA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23)

I believe that was also the assessment of OG when we was recruited.
Just looked at OG's hs hudl. OG showed a lot more diversity on his route tree.

This is the highest level I, personally, have ever seen Syracuse football recruit. Landing kids in the 87-89 composite range is barely surprising right now. Most years since I’ve been following it would be a shock.

Shoutout Dino and staff. Let’s win 8+ games this season and start stacking classes like this with some 4* mixed in. The future is bright.
Coaches matter

I always like recruits from the Tidewater VA region.

I like this pick up. He doesn't quite appear to have the route running explosion ability of OG but he does have an additional advantage of being 2" taller. 6'-7" is a real nice advantage. He'll likely need less separation if the ball is thrown in the right spot. If his frame allows him to add muscle he could be a very nice piece. And I think he's faster than he looks. Because of his tall frame and super long stride it just makes it appear like he's a bit slower than he actually is. And keep in mind this is his Junior film and OG's was his senior film. Well at least what i compared it to.

I really like the trio of Tremble, Haile and Washington. If we could keep getting aerial weapons like this every class our offense would certainly rise to another level.

Last edited:
Wonder if Autry takes a look at him for the Bball team as well. He said in a interview 2 weeks ago that he wants play both in college if possible.

Wonder if Autry takes a look at him for the Bball team as well. He said in a interview 2 weeks ago that he wants play both in college if possible.
Would he hypothetically be the first since McNabb to do so?

IMG_6260.jpeg

He's probably better than your typical walk on. Certainly bigger, at least. If he can handle it, why not?

So, steering this back to the recruiting class, with Washington's commitment coming somewhat out of the blue [good offer list of peer programs, so quality "get"], are we kind of done with the class of 2024 -- except for maybe Willy Love?

Have to assume that the coaching staff is banking several scholarships for December, when the next wave of transfers hit the portal.

Are there any other HS prospects out there we're actively recruiting?

So, steering this back to the recruiting class, with Washington's commitment coming somewhat out of the blue [good offer list of peer programs, so quality "get"], are we kind of done with the class of 2024 -- except for maybe Willy Love?

Have to assume that the coaching staff is banking several scholarships for December, when the next wave of transfers hit the portal.

Are there any other HS prospects out there we're actively recruiting?

I doubt we're done but we'll have to be very selective.