Class of 2021 - TE Jermaine Terry (CA) Portal from Cal to Oregon St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 TE Jermaine Terry (CA) Portal from Cal to Oregon St

Current offers so far include Colorado, Oregon State, Indiana, Nevada and Hawaii.

6’4 255lbs

High School HUDL

MARIA KHOLODOVA
|
HEAD SPORTS EDITOR
JANUARY 05, 2023
Just one day after standout wide receiver J. Michael Sturdivant reportedly entered the transfer portal, he was followed by tight end Jermaine Terry II. The move was announced via Terry’s personal Twitter account.
Terry came into Cal as a four-star recruit, also batting offers from big-shot football programs including Alabama, Tennessee and Ohio State. As a tight end recruit, Terry was ranked No. 7 in the nation for his position, and held the No. 18 ranking as a recruit in the state of California.
The true sophomore, who joined Cal’s roster in 2021, has played in 17 games for the blue and gold, eight of which he started. Now, he enters the transfer portal with two years of undergraduate eligibility remaining.
Against Colorado, Terry recorded two receptions, including a career-long catch for 18 yards. Overall, the sophomore amassed a total of seven receptions during his time at Cal, all but one of which came during his second year with the program.
This adds another transfer portal loss to newly appointed offensive coordinator Jake Spavital’s offense, which has lost key members throughout the transfer period, including four running backs and Cal’s two top quarterbacks. The move also comes after Cal recently brought in a new tight ends coach in Tim Plough, formerly Boise State’s offensive coordinator, in mid-December.
During the early national signing period, Cal acquired two tight ends in Ben Marshall and Matthew Littlejohn, both in the 2023 recruiting class and boasting three stars apiece. Oregon State tight end J.T. Byrne also announced his transfer to Cal just hours after Terry entered the portal. Byrne failed to record a reception during his two years in Corvallis. These additions still leave a significant level of experience to be desired from within Cal’s offense as the program will surely look toward the transfer portal to reel in talent.

We'll need a visit to have a chance.

But love this!

What’s the connection here? Staff usually doesn’t offer west coast guys unless there is some relationship?

Love the offer. Great find San Diego and thanks cl for all the info on him. Would be an excellent addition.

Like this kid but I’d be ecstatic if they could somehow bring him in along side his teammate J Mychael Sturdavant.

Sturdavant is a WR who is a super explosive athlete and would be the perfect compliment to Gadsden. He takes the top off the defense and can come down with some of those crazy catches Alford hasn’t been able to.

I’m sure sturdavant will be highly sought after but definitely worth a shot

Like this kid but I’d be ecstatic if they could somehow bring him in along side his teammate J Mychael Sturdavant.

Sturdavant is a WR who is a super explosive athlete and would be the perfect compliment to Gadsden. He takes the top off the defense and can come down with some of those crazy catches Alford hasn’t been able to.

I’m sure sturdavant will be highly sought after but definitely worth a shot
From what I’ve been able to gather I don’t believe that WR will be leaving the west coast. Would love him too.

58F3D6FB-5832-44B0-A66A-02BC87008362.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom