Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

you have only heard 1 side of the story I have heard other side and staff told him they were moving on
If that is the case, then fine. But I find it very odd that we have had two former commits say the same exact thing about being ignored...

Where did you see that. I saw just the opposite on twitter about being invited to take an OV.
Steven Baileys Nov 5 article says Robinson said staff hadn't contacted him since end of September, so he reopened his recruitment, it was best for him, yet we still seem to be in good shape with his visit coming up. My doubt is if the reporter was leading the recruit into saying something he didn't really mean.

Last edited:
Out of respect for the work the staff at .com does. People shouldn't take content from there and put it on this forum. But I will tell you that I trust the staff from that site and they are absolutely right on how the situation happened. Dead issue.

Please, please do NOT post content from scowt on here, unless it is in a free article, as it causes problems for the staff of this site. Especially yours truly.

Should I threaten them, if they post premium info on here, with Killer Rabbits. ;)

Too bad Bailey didn't have a relationship with anyone on the staff. He could actually try to get both sides of the story before stirring the pot.

Who says he doesn't and didn't.

Last edited:
Too bad Bailey didn't have a relationship with anyone on the staff. He could actually try to get both sides of the story before stirring the pot.
article sure sounds like damage control.

Is it possible the recruiter told this kid that he'd be the only TE recruited? Seems like an odd thing for them to say or for a recruit to expect.

The Affton (Missouri) High School hybrid tight end decommitted from SU on Monday, citing a lack of contact by the Syracuse coaches as a reason he retracted his verbal.

But that wasn’t the only reason.

“They already had another tight end commit and I was told that I’d be the only tight end-hybrid-whatever to commit to the class,” Lindor said. “But they picked up another one.”

Is it possible the recruiter told this kid that he'd be the only TE recruited? Seems like an odd thing for them to say or for a recruit to expect.

The Affton (Missouri) High School hybrid tight end decommitted from SU on Monday, citing a lack of contact by the Syracuse coaches as a reason he retracted his verbal.

“They already had another tight end commit and I was told that I’d be the only tight end-hybrid-whatever to commit to the class,” Lindor said. “But they picked up another one.”
Yes, it was originally him or Parkinson. First one to commit got the spot. With the offense change that obviously changed.

So here is the real reason. The rest is butt hurt. No way there wasn't passive contact. And I don't believe for a second calls, texts etc would be ignored. Maybe a we will get back to you later after the season response, but not ignored. Like Robinson from FL said no contact, but he had received the same mailings and photo edits as the other recruits.

Yes, it was originally him or Parkinson. First one to commit got the spot. With the offense change that obviously changed.
The offense changes to be more TE-friendly and so the kid de-committs, in part, due to that? I am not discounting that he may have been ignored by the staff but this part doesn't quite add up.

The offense changes to be more TE-friendly and so the kid de-committs, in part, due to that? I am not discounting that he may have been ignored by the staff but this part doesn't quite add up.
He is more of a hybrid TE that fit in McDonald's offense. Lester wants a bigger traditional TE like Dunkelberger.

He is more of a hybrid TE that fit in McDonald's offense. Lester wants a bigger traditional TE like Dunkelberger.
Ok..and that makes sense... so I would get that the kid may not feel good about not fitting a new offense but not that a pure TE was recruited.

Ok..and that makes sense... so I would get that the kid may not feel good about not fitting a new offense but not that a pure TE was recruited.
He isn't coming because a new TE was recruited when he was promised he'd be the only one. He isn't coming because the staff has moved on and want to fill his spot with someone else.

Last edited:
He's going to Brown in case anyone else was curious where he ended up. Here's wishing him an All-Ivy career.
So the two guys they wanted for the Y position, at one point, are going Ivy.

Last edited:
He's going to Brown in case anyone else was curious where he ended up. Here's wishing him an All-Ivy career.

Certainly not a bad fall back option--Ivy League. Best of luck to him.

Good for him! I felt really bad for his kid. Things turned out pretty well.